7/30/12

A Little Too Much Color?

Top: c/o Oasap, Pants: Karma, Shoes: c/o Lulus, Necklaces: Stolen from Daughter
Confession: sometimes I dress like a kid.  It's not on purpose, but I just really enjoy bright colors...so I threw together a colorful outfit that seemed like a good idea at the time.  Then I saw the pictures.  Not really diggin' it.  I think my daughter's necklaces, combined with my rainbow flats (which I love, don't get me wrong), may have been what pushed this outfit into the "children's fashion" category.  I needed something to wear with this cute green top from Oasap, but the only thing I had (clean) in my closet that would work with it was these yellow pants...or I could have worn plain blue jeans, but that's no fun!  

Anyway...I think it looks ok, but next time I think I would wear it tucked-in with a white pencil skirt, or maybe even unbuttoned with a plain tee underneath.  Oh, the possibilities...I think I'm going to have to do another outfit post with this shirt to redeem myself!  Maybe I will even iron it next time, haha.  What do you think?  How would you wear this shirt?

Be sure to enter the Tookies Giveaway!
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. That is very vibrant, but so coordinated I can't help but love it! x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...sometimes I get too matchy-matchy, haha. I have never been good at throwing different patterns and textures together. That's something I am definitely going to work on more!

      Delete
  2. I love this look, not too much color at all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So...you know what's funny? This outfit totally reminded me of you, I'm not even making that up! I LOVE how you wear a lot of cute outfits with bright and fun colors! I just think you pull it off better than I do :)

      Delete
  3. i don't think this is too much color but i am not in love with the necklaces ;) other than that it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the necklaces are a bit much...haha.

      Delete
  4. No way! Never too much color :) These colors all look so good on you, but you are right-so many ways to wear this blouse. That is what makes it so great right:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love anything I can wear multiple ways...it's like a two-for-one deal, hahaha :)

      Delete
  5. i love this outfit. the colors looks great together! and i am really loving those jeans!!! :D

    Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
    Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. too much color! no way! I love it :) Summer is the best time to wear a lot of color



    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's no such thing as too much color! I love it! The top is especially great!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The more color the better I say!! You look super cute & I love that you borrowed your daughters necklace!

    Luv ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blouse, pants and shoes! I think you rocked the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you pulled it off really well and your daughter's necklace is a cute touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the green shirt with the yellow pants looks awesome! I might get rid of the necklaces. I think the shoes look cute with it. Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look amazing, I love that green and yellow together. You are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look really great! color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome color combination!

    Erin
    www.simplyjustlovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete