7/22/12

Adventures in Southern Utah

Random adventures? Yes please!  Last night I was staying in St. George, Utah for my layover...so I got in touch with my bloggy buddy Gentri and we went to dinner.  She had heard of a great place that was about 50 minutes away in a little town called Pine Valley.  It sounded fun to me, so she came and picked me up and off we went.  

Then the crazy thunderstorm began.  It was raining so hard and we nearly swerved off of the road, but the best part is that we got hit by lightning (well, not us personally...but the car did)!  It was so loud and scary, but we were both so excited about this little adventure of ours...a little bit of lightning wasn't going to stop us!  

So, a couple wrong turns later, we arrived at the Brandin' Iron.  It was such a cute little restaurant.  There was a big moose and two deer friends (their heads anyway) watching over us while we ate, a couple of guys singing country music and the cutest little ice cream shop.   I am so glad that Gentri suggested this place...I had such a good time!  Oh, and then this happened:
Who doesn't love rainbows?  If you ever find yourself in Southern Utah, you should go check out Pine Valley and eat at the Brandin' Iron!

How was your weekend?

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Awwww!! We are so hanging out if Im ever in your hood again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmm, yes! Or I will just come to the bay area, cause it is more exciting there...haha.

      Delete
  2. That is incredibly beautiful! We saw one the other day too, and it stopped me in my tracks.
    Sounds like such a fun night!
    :) Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't rainbows the best?! And yes, it was super fun :)

      Delete
  3. oh my goodness! what a cool little adventure! the pic of the rainbow is so beautiful, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wish I would have gotten a picture from outside the car, but I kind of like the rain on the windshield :)

      Delete
  4. That looks like so much fun, Jenny! Glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the second photo!!

    the lightening part sounds slightly scary!!

    new follower :)

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super random and not all that wonderful... a man that is from my hubby's hometown was killed last week and his funeral services were in Pine Valley this weekend. It is like 2 hours from his home and we couldn't figure out why the family chose the location, but now I can see because it is beautiful. Random and depressing, but a strange coincidence none the less :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad! It really is a beautiful place and I am sure it was a beautiful service :)

      Delete
  7. How fun!!!! :) Glad you guys weren't hurt though! Sheesh... lightening can be crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a beautiful picture! I love thunder storms, I find them so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete