7/4/12

4th of July Trifle Recipe


Today is the day we Americans celebrate the birth of our nation.  The 4th of July is a time for Fireworks, Food, and Family...but most importantly it's a time to celebrate FREEDOM.  I am SO grateful to live in a place where I can make my own choices and follow my own personal dreams.  I can worship how I want, work where I want and be who I want to be.  Sometimes I seem to forget that not everyone has the same freedoms that I am so blessed to experience in my own life...it's something that I really need to appreciate more.

I wanted to share my favorite 4th of July treat with you.  It's a trifle recipe and it's super easy (trust me, I wouldn't be making it if it weren't)!

What you will need:
Angel Food or White Cake
1 lb. Strawberries
12 oz. Blueberries
16 oz. Whipped Topping

First slice up the strawberry deliciousness.
Next, cut up little cake pieces and throw them in.
Add some whipped topping.
Then, place some strawberries along the edge of the trifle bowl and on top of the whipped topping.
Add another layer of cake, then whipped topping above that.
Throw on some blueberries, making sure there are some right next to the edge.
Then, place some more cake and strawberries on top.
Add a final layer of whipped topping and decorate it with more blueberries and strawberries!
This is seriously SO DELICIOUS!!  It makes me feel like I am eating a healthy dessert, cause there is a lot of fruit in there!  Plus, I used light whipped topping.  The cake...well, I have nothing healthy to say about that. 

The final product didn't turn out as pretty as it has in the past.  I think it is too hot in my house...the whipped topping melted pretty fast, making it look sloppy.  I don't really care how it looks though, cause it tastes AMAZING! 

I hope you and your families have a wonderful Independence Day!  Be careful where you light off your fireworks, cause there have been a lot of wildfires here in the Western United States. Have fun, but be safe (sorry...that's just the Mom in me)!

10 comments:

  1. mmm trifle is the perfect summer dessert! yours looks delicious.
    I am stopping by from the bloghop to say hello!

    Canadian Beauty Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such pretty looking dessert. I totally agree with all the things you said make you proud to live in this country:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love, thanks so much for approving my swap button, because of you I set up Passion Fruit - what an amazing site! Thanks! I hope you had a lovely 4th of July. That dessert looks soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Saved for next year---or next week, it looks fantastic!!!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you describe everything in a detail.

    ReplyDelete
  6. also visit my website : http://www.orientalrecipes.net/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!! New follower from the Meet & Tweet! :)
    https://twitter.com/#!/tiffanyj84

    Now following your blog and would love for you to follow my blog

    Dreams Do Come True
    http://happilyeverafter-tiffany.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummy! I bet this is super light and airy! Perfect for a hot summer day! I LOVE angel food cake and I adore it with whipped cream and strawberries! I must get myself a trifle bowl and try this one out!

    -LJ
    http://hellolj.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is light and delicious! I want to make another one!

      Delete
  9. Jenny,
    This looks super yummy! I love these kind of desserts for the hot summer because they aren't as heavy as most. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday last week. I can't wait to see what you link up next. Have a great week.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete