7/25/12

Bramblewood Fashion: How to Style a LBD

 Today I have a very special guest for you to meet, one of my amazing sponsors: Ashley from Bramblewood Fashion.  She is another blogger who loves to share modest fashion tips and super cute outfits.  She is also really great at making her own clothing, like this adorable skirt!  Not gonna lie...I'm pretty jealous of her sewing skills!  Make sure to go visit her, follow along and say hello!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello Modern Modest Beauty readers! I'm Ashley over at Bramblewood Fashion where I blog with my sister, Gabrielle. We {well, mostly me right now} post every-other-day/weekly outfits and a bunch of other girly & vintage-y things. I hope y'all will come over and say hello! Anyways, I'm excited to show y'all four different ways to wear a LBD {Little Black Dress}.

Black Knit Dress J. Jill // Jean Jacket & Red Belt Forever
21
 // Boots Target // Earrings 'Zad via
Little Black Bag


The first way I styled the basic LBD is more on the casual side. To be more precise, country casual. This is a very easy look to copy {if you enjoy the country look that is}.  Just throw on any jean jacket {any color/design/etc.. you want}, cowgirl boot {or even those short bootie cowgirl boots}, and you are ready to head out the door. Of course, putting your hair in a braid, or two adds to the country look. I added the belt {knotted of course} for definition around the waist & a pop of color.

Black Knit Dress J. Jill // Cardigan LC Lauren Conrad for Kohl's // Earrings Forever 21 // Flats Steve Madden // Oil
Cloth Tote Cath Kidston

My next look is perfect for a Saturday morning trip to the farmers market, or even out to brunch with your girlfriends. It is very relaxed, yet stylish & elegant. Just throw on a comfy light-weight cardigan {I love the Lauren Conrad ones at Kohl's}, put your hair up in a messy bun, a pair of statement earrings, some comfy shoes {flats are perfect for the Summer, while boots would be the pink of perfection for fall}, and a nice casual tote bag for toting what you need for the day.

Black Knit Dress J. Jill // Cardigan Target // Leopard Wedges
Payless Shoes // Layered Necklace J.C. Penny // Skinny Belt
Forever 21 // Clutch BCBG via Little Black Bag

If you want to wear your LBD on a date here is a fun & girly idea. On top I kept it very girly & sweet with the ruffle polka-dot detail on the cardigan, layered pearl necklace, keeping the hair down {it would be awesome if your hair was curled in soft loose curls}, and you can't see them, but I'm wearing dainty dangle-y earrings too. Then for my shoes I went with a pair of leopard wedges that makes the look playful & fun!

Black Knit Dress J. Jill // Floral Blazer Forever 21 // Nude Heels
& Earrings Target // Birkin Inspired Bag JustFab

To wear the LBD for work I kept it very simple. Just a fun floral print blazer, simple earrings that match my blazer, nude heels {they help elongate your legs}, and my birkin inspired bag {it fits my Macbook, cords, files, etc... everything I need for work} that is from JustFab.com.

How do YOU like to wear your
LBD?


You can find Ashley at her Blog, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

6 comments:

  1. I love to wear my LBD with bright necklaces or a fun blazer.
    Really nice post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! I never think to style one piece so many different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lbd that I have worn with a lot of different things too. Denim jacket, and scarf. Black cardi and long beady necklace. Polka dot tights in the winter, nothing in the summer. Black boots, stripy sandals. You just can't do better than a lbd. And mine was less than $15 at Kohls last summer. Best $15 I ever spent.=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how darling! I have been looking for the perfect black dress, so now I have some ideas on how to style them when I do get one.
    Ashley is a fabulous blogger!!!!! She is so creative and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post! I've always looked at LBDs as something of a blank (or at least black ;D) canvas upon which one can pretty much go as wild, subdued, creative, understated or elegant as they desire. I have at least four black dresses in my wardrobe right now, all of which are in definite rotation once the temps drop (or on chillier summer days).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete