8/1/12

Hawaii: Sunset Beach & Polynesian Cultural Center

Sunset Beach, Hawaii
The kids loved the beach
I was pretty dang proud of my "sand turtle" and that is sand on my chin (not a beard)

My little family at the Polynesian Cultural Center

Learning about Polynesians, Good lookin', Fishing, Showing off tattoos, Getting Tattoo
Cheese, Canoe ride, Watching pageant
My fish, Kids fishing, Tree climber
The Laie Hawaii LDS Temple
Here are some pictures from our first day in Hawaii.  We stayed on the North Shore of Oahu and I was in love...I truly want to live there some day!  It was such a great family vacation and I know our kids had a blast.  Sorry about the picture overload, but I just couldn't cut any more photos out!

Our first day was spent splashing around in the warm ocean and experiencing the activities at the Polynesian Cultural Center.  One tip for those planning on visiting the PCC...pay the extra money for the Luau.  We are I am cheap, so we just opted for the basic buffet dinner.  Not great.  It was edible, but not tasty by any means.

There are seven different villages to visit: Tonga, Tahiti, Marquesas, Hawaii, Fiji, Aotearoa and Samoa.  I love that the employees in each village are actually from the islands they are working in and they were all so friendly!  They had some fun activities for the kids, like weaving fish with leaves and making music with bamboo instruments.  To be completely honest, I think it was kind of spendy for what you got...however, the money does help put BYU Hawaii students through college, so at least the money is going to a good cause.

More pics to come...

P.S. I didn't wear any makeup all day, so I'm sorry if I scare anyone :)
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Not at all, you look gorgeous! It looks like you guys are having a blast! I have always wanted to go to the PCC, so I'm crazy-jealous. :o)

    citymousescountryhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hawaii really was a blast and I can't wait to go back!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this post and your blog! Where did you get your super cute swimming suit?! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's from a couple years ago actually and I think it was either Sears or Kohls :)

      Delete
  4. Girl you look SOOO pretty!!!!!!! Talk about a beautiful place!!!!!! I can't wait to see the rest of the photos!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! This wasn't your husband climbing a tree, right? :) Looks like both kids and parents are having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no it was not my hubby climbing the tree! I wish it was, cause that would be more fun :)

      Delete
  6. Look at you, Hot Momma! This looks like it was a blast! Love the pic in front of the temple!!!!
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that is probably my favorite pic from the trip :)

      Delete
  7. Love that swim suit! The hubs and I stayed across the street from Sunset Beach in April! Love that place..please tell me you hit up Ted's Bakery...I dream about that place at night!
    Ashley:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you stay?! We stayed right across the street too! And yes...Ted's Bakery was delicious!!!

      Delete
  8. Your kids look so happy! My hubby and I are going to Hawaii in a few weeks and your pictures have me all excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! You are going to have such a good time!!

      Delete
  9. wow!! how fun! I'm jealous! beautiful pictures :)


    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like a FUN vacation so far! The Hawaii temple is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favorite...well, that and Mesa, but they kind of look alike :)

      Delete
  11. Great sand turtle!! Looks like your family had fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I had more fun in the sand than my kids, haha.

      Delete
  12. Love your swimsuit! and girl, you don't need make up, you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete