8/2/12

Hawaii: Waikiki and Good Eats

Waikiki with my love
Who doesn't love a sand blanket?
The next day of our Hawaiian vacation was spent in Waikiki.  The beach here is fun and there's a lot to do, but it's so crowded!  I highly recommend staying somewhere away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy areas and just coming in for a day trip like we did.  Unless you are young and like to party/shop...then Waikiki is the place to be.  I personally enjoy relaxing away from the crowds on a deserted beach!  For dinner we ate at Teddy's Bigger Burger, which was SO delicious.  We are a huge burger family and the teriyaki burger with pineapple did not disappoint! 

The next day we spent more time at Sunset Beach.  Emery and I took turns snorkeling and I saw lots of colorful fish and even a sea turtle.  Swimming along with a turtle is the best!  After that we covered each other with sand (the kids LOVED that).  Then we went back to the room, showered and hopped on the bus to Haleiwa.  There are two super popular places for shave ice in this cute little town: Matsumoto's and Aoki's.  The line was longer at Matsumoto's, so we chose Aoki's (lines are not fun with little kids) and it lived up to the hype!  Mmmm, I could probably eat 10 of them.

Our family vacation was so much fun and I can't wait to go back.  I would actually like to move there, but I need to come up with a way to make that possible monetarily.  Let's face it...Hawaii is not cheap in any way, shape or form!  But hey, a girl can dream...
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Nothing is better than a family vacation. I'm going on my yearly one next week and can't wait.
    I'm running a giveaway this week so stop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, family vacations are the best! Have fun on yours :)

      Delete
  2. wow, you have such a beautiful family! have fun and make lots and lots of wonderful memories.

    Look cute at the beach this summer! Enter to win a £50 gift card to Simply Beach.
    Win a $50 giftcard to Shappy Apple! Come and join. :]

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We did make tons of great memories, hopefully this was a vacation my kids will remember :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds and looks great!!

    Love the sand blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fun!! i live in waikiki :) i'm a city girl so i love it but it's definitely nice to get away to other sides of the island sometimes. sunset beach is one of our faves!

    xx
    www.jessiawho.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! No way...I am so jealous. I'm a city girl too (I'm from Portland, OR), but when I am on vacation I just like to get away from people, haha.

      Delete
  5. Looks amazing ! I dream of going there !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so much fun! I want to visit someday. Thanks for sharing :)

    http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete