10/7/12

Sunday Style: Lessons Learned

Dress: DownEast Basics (old), Cardigan: Charlotte Russe (old), Tights: Target, Necklace: c/o Very Jane

While taking outfit pictures yesterday I learned 4 things:

  • Using a tripod is not only awkward, it also makes it incredibly difficult to keep yourself in focus.
  • My shoes matched my dress in real life, but not in the photos for some reason...so they had to be cropped out.
  • If you take pictures while your kids are in the car, you will come back to a mess. (And before someone freaks out, don't worry...I was 6 feet away, the windows were down and I had the keys)
  • I need to dye my hair.  Bad. 

Oh well.  You win some, you lose some.  Anyway, I'm so happy that I can start wearing tights with dresses now!  I love tights and I also love cardigans.  They can make an outfit more modest, warm you up, and even add a pop of color! 

I'm so excited to see what you are wearing this week.  I apologize I wasn't able to make it around to everyone who linked up last week, but I'm going to try to do better this time, I promise! So here we go...the rules are simple:

1. Link up to a specific outfit post, not your main blog page.
2. Grab a button and add it to your post (a text link is also fine).
3. Comment on this post and at least one other post...the whole point is to visit each other!

Modern Modest Beauty

20 comments:

  1. I love cardigans, too, especially when they have special details like the button-tab sleeve detail on yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty outfit, so feminine. Thanks for hosting, this is my first time linking up. Happy to have found you!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty floral! I love wearing cardigans with dresses too. Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such a gorgeous mama. I love the dress! And I'm so jealous you can wear tights...it's still sometimes over the 100s where I live!! Grr!

    You look beautiful as always.
    And I'm laughing because I linked up on my phone and couldn't crop my thumbnail hahaha. So now my face is cut off. Oh well, all the better ;)

    Happy Sunday, lovey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you are talking about! There was a day where I had to leave me nephew in the car {obviously, with windows down} he was screaming bloody murder the entire time as my husband was taking my outfit pictures.
    The things that we go through to take pictures are sometimes hilarious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mostly use a tripod to take my pictures. It takes practice to get a good shot of yourself. It's so much easier having someone else take a picture of you. I like your necklace at first I thought it was two necklaces, but I guess it's only one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tights are my best friend :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the patterns and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute outfit! I'm so glad cardigan season is approaching/arrived...I LOVE fall weather! Love the necklace - that is so cool looking! Great job!

    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a tripod too. I agree with get yourself focus, so I hold something (purse or sweater in a skin color) at an arm's length trying got get the camera to focus at that distance. It takes some time to get it just right. I wish my husband is a great photographer but just like you said you win some, you lose some. I love him dearly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love tights with dresses, too. I bought a pair of mustard tights and a pair of maroon tights for this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always so cute! Love the braid too! And I love me some tights, especially living in Rexburg (also known as Narnia)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to be apart of this link up! Next week forsure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a gorgeous dress! I'd love to join this link up, hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not the only one who takes photos using a tripod. It's not easy especially I don't have a remote control thingy for my camera when taking photos so I had to go back to the camera and push the button again to take photos. It's a hassle sometimes, but I have learned to like it until I get me a remote control one. And with two kids, sometimes they want to climb up the tripod and wanted to get to the camera. It's a chaos! LOL! You look lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for this chance to meet new pwoplw.
    I am following you indeed.
    Gorgeous dress.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely! Love that color scheme!! :)

    Rubi

    ReplyDelete
  17. New to the party! Thank you for hosting! I'm super excited to find you!

    ReplyDelete