10/3/12

Family Movie Night & Lazy Style


Cardigan: Kohls (super old), Tee: Shade, Jeans: DownEast Basics, Bracelets: c/o Oasap
Yesterday, after Emery got off work, we took the kids to see the movie Brave at the cheap theater.  My daughter had been wanting to see it pretty bad, but I just can't justify paying full price for a kid's movie that they might not even sit through.  Three bucks a person is much easier for this cheapskate to accept.  So anyway, the kids sat through the whole thing and loved it!  I have to admit...I absolutely loved it too!  I really liked how it showed a princess being strong and independent.  I'm not exactly a feminist, but I strongly believe that women should be able to follow their dreams and not be confined to a particular role that society deems appropriate (stepping down off my soapbox now).  It was such a cute movie and I'm pretty sure we're going to need to buy it when it comes out.  Have you seen any good movies lately?

I was feeling really casual yesterday, as you can tell by my clothes.  When I'm lazy, this is pretty much my go-to outfit.  A pair of jeans, a basic tee and something thrown on top...in this case, a crochet cardigan thing.  I don't even know what it's purpose would be.  It certainly doesn't keep you warm.  It's see-through, so it doesn't cover up much skin.  I guess it's just there for looks...who knows?  But it's been in my closet for years and every once in a while it gets worn.

How do you guys feel about the new blog layout?  I wanted to clean it up a bit, so I decided to go with just one sidebar.  I also wanted the layout to reflect me a little better.  My absolute favorite color is purple, so I thought different shades of purple would be fun.  I'm really liking it, but I am one of the most indecisive/picky people that I know, so we'll see how long it lasts!

Linking up to What I Wore Wednesday.

21 comments:

  1. we rarely pay for movie tickets either! love the casual outfit - especially the bun!! and I like to new layout!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The bun is another thing I do when I am feeling lazy, haha.

      Delete
  2. I was just talking to someone about that movie wondering what happened to it! I never saw it but it sounds like its worth a Redbox once it comes out. I like the cleaner blog look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously loving the new layout :) It's beautiful and obviously, I love purple! :) And we don't spend money to go to movies either.. they really are so expensive! If we go we bring our own stuff, and we go to a local theater that has a pretty good deal if we go to the first showing of the day. :)
    Happy Wednesday!
    XO,
    Tyler @ raysofpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We totally sneak in our own stuff too, haha. I can't afford a $10 bag of popcorn...it's crazy how expensive the movie theater can be! And thank you, purple is the best :)

      Delete
  4. loving the outfit :) cute but casual :)
    and the new layout is cute - i'm a fan.

    love,
    elisabeth

    ps. i haven't seen brave yet but i've been meaning to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth! You totally need to watch it :)

      Delete
  5. I really really love the layout! And I haven't seen Brave yet, maybe I will have to go catch it at the dollar theater! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! And yes, the dollar theater is definitely the way to go...it probably won't be too long before it's out on DVD though :)

      Delete
  6. I think the blog looks good. I'm thinking of updating my blog look to but I cant decide. I love your look by the way. I've done the same thing many times.

    I saw someone comment about sneaking in snacks. Yeah. I do it too. Mostly cause there is a dollar tree right next to the theater that just begs you to buy a bunch of the candy for a dollar.

    Cody
    solemnsound.blogspot.com

    PS love the new buttons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cody! Yeah, sometimes I feel bad when I bring in candy...but the candy they sell at the theater for $3 costs under a dollar at Walmart!

      Delete
  7. I like the new, clean, and simple layout of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable outfit! Love the comfy cozy fall look. Layout is still looking great. And we are HUGE fans of the "cheap" theater in our house. We love it so much that sometimes my husband lets me get a soda and sweedish fish too ;)
    (One time we snuck in Panda Express too cause we hadn't eaten dinner. it was fun)

    ford-ology.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your hair up and that mustard sweater is perfect for a casual day! I'm sure it would be great dressed up too tho!

    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the layout and the sweater! The color is great. You should work it into more outfits. Love it! Looking good~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! Seriously SO cute!!!!!!!! NEVER get rid of that sweater but if you do you can send it to VA to ME! LOL! PS: Your new layout is awesome too! Who are you kidding you are just awesome in general! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the new layout - very clean and I love the purple. Love the casual look- 9.5 times out of 10 I go for comfort and casual anyway so it's nice to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Newest Follower here! Super cute outfit, I love the mustered color!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVED brave! I went straight home after seeing it and bought the three main songs (the ones with lyrics. If you like folksy music- BUY THEM). Love them!
    You look so cute and I'm so excited for our photoshoot! Do you have any styles in mind you'd want for your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your new layout looks great. It really does have a cleaner, more put together vibe now. I have some of those vesty thingies... I think they're just another cute accessory. No reason to have a purpose... haha

    ReplyDelete