10/4/12

Bramblewood Fashion: Styling Jean Skirts

Hello Modern Modest Beauty readers! It's Ashley from Bramblewood Fashion and I'm excited to be sharing with y'all that jean skirts can be fashionable and trendy. It just depends on the fit, color, and how you style them. Personally, I love a nice knee-length skirt with boots and tights for a casual look. Too cute! But, let me share some of the other ways I like to wear jeans skirts below.

Jean Skirt Paulina Carmel // Button-down Thrift Store // Blazer H&M // Heels Target // Necklace Kohl's 

When I'm headed to work, or sometimes for church, I like to wear a pencil jean skirt, blazer, and some heels.  Sometimes instead of a button-down I'll throw on a nice tee shirt.  If you are going to wear a jean skirt for something that requires a more dressier dress-code, stick to a nice dark wash jean.  Please no light washes, studded pockets, or anything that makes the skirt look non-dressy.  And please pardon my wrinkly skirt.  It needs a good iron.

Jean Skirt made by me</ i> // Lace Peplum Tank Thrift Store // Cardigan Forever 21</ i> // Leopard Wedges Payless Shoes // Bracelet J.Crew

For those times I feel like being dressy, but still casual & fun! I throw on an a-line jean skirt, a dressier top, long cardigan, and fun shoes! All together it makes for one fun, comfy, but dressy outfit. Because you look like a million-bucks, but feel like you aren't too dressed up!

Jean Skirt c/o Kosher Casual // Striped Tee Forever 21 // Boots Target // Bracelet J.Crew // Red Bow Belt c/o OASAP

One of my favorite casual ways to wear jean skirts is with a striped tee {any color, doesn't matter}, and whatever type of shoes and accessories that fit that day's plan & mood. With the above outfit I chose a fun & quirky red bow belt, and some slouchy heeled boots. The perfect combo for a fun filled day.

What about you, do you like rocking the jean skirt? If you do, what is your favorite way to style it?

You can find Ashley at her blog (Bramblewood Fashion), Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

2 comments:

  1. i love jean skirts...especially since i only wear skirts/dresses and not pants. honestly i think you can style them any way you'd style an outfit if you were wearing pants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear denim, but I like your lacy top!

    ReplyDelete