6/4/12

Manicure Monday: NYC Peach Sparkle

After the problem I had with the nail polish I wore last week, I wanted to give NYC New York Color a chance to redeem themselves.  And they sure did!  This week for Manicure Monday I am wearing "Peach Sparkle" and I really love it!  I have actually never owned a peach nail color before and now it is one of my favorites.  I also wanted to try out a new product by NYC called "Matte Me Crazy".  I used it on my ring finger and if you look closely you can see the difference.  Just one coat of the this stuff makes any shiny nail color matte!  It's pretty fun.  I have seen the same thing by other brands for $6-8, but the NYC version is only $1.99 and I can't imagine the other ones doing any better of a job.  I certainly wouldn't pay 4+ dollars more for a different brand when this one works well.  
It looked so pretty in the sunshine!
So, what do you think? Have you ever "mattified" your nails? What's on your nails this week?

I received this product for review, however all opinions are my own.
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. Love the peach! I think that matte stuff is so cool, I might just have to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you totally should! You will love it :)

      Delete
  2. I love that color! I've used matte nail polish but not another polish that makes it matte. What a cool concept. Good to know that that company's product works well because I probably would have just jumped right to OPI or some other similar brand. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...And I know! I would usually go with the more expensive brand for something like this, just cause I assume it will be better...but definitely not if the cheaper one works just as well!

      Delete
  3. I got "Samoan Sand" by Opi on me nails this week!! I have to try what you just did!! Thanks for sharing! xoxo :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I will definitely have to try that matte top coat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! I can't wait to try the top coat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color is lovely!!! I did a yellow polish with white crackle over it last night... The yellow washed everything out too much, so I added the crackle! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely will have to check out that peach color; it's way cute! I use a matteifying nail polish by E.L.F. that works really well as well, and is a dollar. I love the look of it! Thanks for the suggestion of the nail color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peach for summer is FABULOUS. Like THE perfect color. Secondly, I LOVE your blog. So I just had to follow. You rock.

    Katie
    Lady Million

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have many peach colors, but love them.....think I need to buy a few ;) Thank you for linking up with Mani Monday!

    xo,
    Heather @ Glitter and Gloss

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love NYC nail polish, it's so inexpensive! Great post!!

    Diary of a Short Girl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, the "matte stuff" looks very cool, I'll have to try it! Pretty nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color, it's perfect for summer!
    Right now my nails are bare, but hopefully
    I'll be painting them a neon color tonight!
    :)

    daydream frenzy

    ReplyDelete