6/16/12

Guest Post: Here's to you Mrs. Robinson

Hello all of Jenny's fans!!
I am so honored to be guest posting on Jenny's blog today!
 
I absolutely LOVE Jenny and I just think she is one of the kindest, most genuine, sweetest girls I have ever met. I had the privilege of meeting Jenny in real life and she is just as beautiful and kind as she seems on her blog. Seriously she is incredible. I really admire her a lot!

I guess I should introduce myself a little... :)
My name is Megan Robinson and I blog over at
Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson.
I like to talk about marriage, family, motherhood, fashion, and all the ups and downs of life.

Photobucket

One of the things I really admire about Jenny is how she takes the time to look put together and beautiful all the time! I think as a mother that can be a really hard challenge especially when the kids are young. But Jenny does it so perfectly and effortlessly. I hope some day I can look as amazing as her!

When I had my son I was still in school and living off of very very little sleep {i.e. baby never slept through the night + LOADS of homework}. So I basically felt incredibly frumpy all.the.time.

During that time in my life {and even now I can sometimes easily fall into this trap}, I felt pretty horrible about myself and was really just trying to get by each day.
I just didn't feel like myself at all and didn't really know how to get back to being the girl I once knew.

A little while later I pretty much hit rock bottom and knew things needed to change.
But what??
I decided the first thing that needed to get fixed was how I dressed.
I needed to become me again.

Photobucket

So I started making a more conscious effort to put myself together each day.
I started mixing and matching more, digging into my piles of accessories, taking tips from fashion bloggers, and really try to get back to that "crazy, eclectic" Megan-style my friends remembered me by.

I soon remembered the 30x30 challenge that I had seen everywhere and decided to take it on for myself, hoping it would help motivate me even more to {not only save money} but to also push my style limits a little more and see if I can have more fun with my wardrobe instead of feeling like a super frumpy mom.

Well, it worked!
I know the 30x30 challenge was meant to teach people to save money and shop their closet more, but for me it was so much more than that!

Photobucket

My own 30x30 {under $30 element I added} challenge helped me remember who I was.
It helped me like myself again.
And it reminded me that you can be a mom and have fun!!

I know that seems silly...
How can mixing and matching clothes or trying to be in style really make you feel better?
But I firmly believe that when you take care of yourself more on the outside, it helps you feel better about yourself on the inside.

And for me, that truly made all the difference!

Thank you so much, Jenny, for letting me take over your blog today!! I really appreciate you sharing your readers with me and hopefully helping me make some new friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my goodness, isn't Megan so adorable?! First of all, she is way too kind...she is the one who looks amazing!  But seriously, I love the whole message she is sharing.  Being a mom to little kids makes it hard to get up and get dressed everyday...there are days when I just want to stay in my jammies all day long (there are definitely times when I do).  But us moms have to make time for ourselves, because like Megan said, it will boost your self-esteem and just make you feel better inside!  

Please go check out Megan's blog, she would love to hear from you!  You can also follow her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest

P.S. I am going to disable comments on this post, so you can go show her some love on her blog :)