6/22/12

Guest Post: The Thing About Joy

 Hi everyone! I am Bree from The Thing About Joy. I am so excited to be sponsoring Modern Modest Beauty this month, it's such a lovely blog and Jenn is just so sweet!
Jenn sent me an email asking me a few questions about my blog and myself, and I was excited to answer them and share more about myself with you all! I hope you have fun reading them. :))

Who/what was your inspiration for starting a blog? When did you begin your blogging journey?
I had started blogging off and on a few years back, but didn’t get serious about blogging until February of this year. So, “The Thing About Joy” is a newbie blog still.  Just a few months old.  I wanted to start blogging because I needed a creative outlet. At the time, my family lived 20+ hours away from me, and I wanted to be able to share things that were going on in my life with them. Now that I have started I have fallen in love with being able to talk about whatever I want and let my creative genes fly!

What is your favorite part of your blogging experience so far? The biggest challenge you have had with blogging?
My favorite part has been meeting so many wonderful girls! I have made so many friends in such a short period of time, and even though I may not ever meet them in person (although I sure hope I do one day!) I truly relish the friendships I have made. It's been amazing! Biggest Challenge…probably the comparison game! There are sooo many blogs out there, and mine is definitely on the small side. So it's hard not to compare yourself to other blogs at times. But then, I just remind myself how much fun I am having with it! And honestly, who cares about the numbers? I started this for fun! And I am loving it!

Now lets get into more about you! Personal Questions:

What are some of your favorite hobbies?
Well.. there are a ton!  Seriously.  I always have 20 projects going and a gazillion more in my head that I want to do! :))  I love art, drawing, painting, digital design, home diy’s. All of it!  Right now I am in school for Graphic Design, so that is helping me to develop my digital design skills.  I have already started doing blog design work and I love it!  Also, I have been making myself sketch more, and I am trying to do one sketch a day for the next 30 days.  I started on June 12th, so wish me luck!

What is your favorite outdoor activity and why?
I love walking with hubs around places like Herman Park in Houston (artsy park), or The Woodlands (shops, waterway, etc). Bike rides. And swimming/tanning! I love to swim, and when I practice enough I can actually beat hubs. *proud moment*  lol! This is BIG for me, because he is faster at everything else than me!

What is your favorite form of exercise? Least favorite?
Favorite- spin class! I loveee spin class. Unfortunately my gym doesn’t offer it. I need to find a place I can go to just for that, because it's so much fun! And my least favorite.. running. Seriously. I only do it because it helps me loose weight. I just can’t seem to get into it! I’m trying.. still trying. But I’ve been trying for years, so who knows. Maybe one day I’ll get the running high!
Thanks so much for hanging out and reading about me today! I’d love to see you over at The Thing About Joy! Like I said, I loveee meeting other bloggy friends!
Blog | Twitter | Facebook

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Isn't Bree adorable?!  I totally agree with her about the "comparison game"...it can be so hard to keep myself from comparing my blog to others.  Oh, and I am definitely with her on the running thing (I have never been a fan and don't see that ever changing!).  

Bree has all kinds of fun ideas and inspiration on her blog, so you will definitely want to check it out.  I am going to disable the comments on this post, so PLEASE go say hello to her!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny! Thanks for introducing Joy! Always fun to discover new blogs. )

    ReplyDelete