1/27/13

Sunday Style: Brighten up the Winter

Coat: c/o Lulu's, Jeans: Old Navy, Tee: Old Navy, Boots: Target, Scarf: Tulle

I know I have been MIA this past week, but I have a good reason...I was at the Altitude Design Summit blogging conference!  I was able to attend for the first time this year, thanks to my friend Jason over at Passionfruit Ads.  It was such a great learning experience and I will tell you all about it soon, but right now it's time for Sunday Style! I've always been scared of color when it comes to jackets and coats.  Every coat I have previously owned has been black, brown, or cream...I think I might have had a burgandy coat once, but that is as bold as I was willing to go.  Well, I decided it was time to push myself outside of that comfort zone and I am SO glad I did!  This fuschia jacket from Lulus.com is my new favorite!  The color just makes me happy, especially when I am surrounded by snow...am I the only one that is ready for this white stuff to go away?!

Last week I received a great response to the idea of featuring my favorite outfits from the previous week's link-up.  So, starting next week I will be bringing back the features for good!  I like showing off your outfits and I think it gives everyone more of an incentive to link up.  If you are wanting to have your outfit featured, make sure your photos are nice and clear.  I would also love if they were at least 640 px wide, so we can see them in detail!  So, on to the linky party...Here are the rules:
 
1. Link up to a specific outfit post, not your main blog page.
2. Grab a button and add it to your post (a text link is also fine).
3. Comment on this post and at least one other post...the whole point is to visit each other.
4. Follow my blog, so you can be reminded to link up next time!

PLANE PRETTY

I am also excited to be participating in a great link party called the Mama Style Link Up!  Becoming a mom definitely had a HUGE impact on the way I dressed.  That is why I originally started this blog...as motivation to get out of the sweatpants and start dressing cute again!  I think the most important thing is to dress well, while still being COMFORTABLE.  I'm not saying I don't wear heels every now and then, but my go-to "Mommy Outfit" is a pair of jeans, boots and a comfy sweater (or in this case jacket).  Make sure to head on over to the Mama Style link up and check out all the other lovely Moms who have linked up :)

Photobucket

37 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely -- the brightly colored coat looks fantastic on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color of your coat! I too have only had black and brown coats and recently I got a new one and said, "NO MORE!" I am getting a bright colored dark raspberry coat! And I love it. I especially love the way it goes well wit your mustard scarf. I changed the dimensions on my picture so I can qualify for your "featuring post" jeje. I never thought about changing the proportions, but it looks so much better now. Thanks for the idea!

    Blessings!
    Rubi
    www.lilyamongthornsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple and orange together!! I am ready for our snow to go away too and I guess that will happen tomorrow when it's supposed to go up to 50!! Crazy weather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! Orange & purple is a fave color combo!!
    I love the idea of featuring outfits!
    If you're ever looking for a co-host, keep me in mind! I'm trying to bring more fashion to my blog this year!!
    Have a great day!
    ♥L

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coat is stunning!!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the coat! That purple looks fantastic on you!
    Gingersnap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay the color of the coat is gorgeous!! and with the scarf... love it. I am with you there... I'm so used to black, brown, gray coats!

    Dawnelle
    Just Dawnelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous coat, I love the color and fit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love colorful outfits! You look pretty and fun at the same time! My kiddo and I enjoyed wearing our matching maxi skirts to church today; hope you stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your colour combinations there! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how bright your coat is!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute coat!
    I've never thought about the fact that I've never purchased a colored coat! I've just always gone for versatile colors like...black! ;) LOL!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love winter clothes! i wish we have winter season here. I recently started blogging to promote my advocacy. I advocate modest fashion in the Philippines by giving talks to high schoolers and young professionals :) Hope you can visit my blog too http://beautifulandrebellious.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  14. You definately shouldn't be scared of bright colours like that....they look amazing on you! I really love that they are solids so it is all colour blocking.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the styles!!!!
    xox
    theoutfitaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so gorgeous, jenny!! I love those bright colors!! I love how your purple coat, orange scarf, and green earrings are triadic colors on the color wheel. =) They really make your overall look awesome! =) Thanks for the linkup. =)
    ~Callie

    www.creationsbycallie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such pretty rich colors, I'm loving the rust orange with the purple and the BUN! I desperatly tried for a bun this morning and it just didn't work out! I would love to have those bun skills!

    Oh and I listened to your advice about my header, come and see the new deal! :)
    Cassidy
    Thingslikeskeletonkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy moly! That shade of purple is DEFINITELY your color. You look stunning. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are a new blog & I linked my moms Sunday outfit. We like your blog!
    http://silhouettedefemme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this color combo! I have been wanting a big knitted scarf like that foreverrr(:
    TheInspiredRose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This color pairing is GORGEOUS. Love your top knot too!
    Thank you for linking up!
    x, Anna

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love this color combo & will have to keep it in mind for future outfits or even home decor: berry, burnt orange, and a hint of green (in the earrings) - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your bright coat! Looks awesome. And I LOVE fuschia. :) Bright colors just make me happy in general. :)

    http://jenesaisquoi1980.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. love love the color of your jacket and the scarf!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that you paired the purple with orange. Great color combo! Linking up this week :)

    xoxo
    Erin
    www.thefashioncanvas.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the Lipstick girl! You look so beautiful! That magenta coat is so pretty and it goes with yhe orange so well! That blogging conference sounds like fun! Lucky you!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. such a great color combo! I love that burnt orange scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the coat! Great shape as well as the color!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I REALLY LOVE the way you mix the colors and textures. Thank you for hosting the linky party too.

    visiting from pret=a-vivre.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the chance to meet you and your followers. Everyone looks great! Love the colours you have on here. They really sing against the snow. I've got snow envy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm thrilled that you are participating in the mama style link-up this week! Love that jacket!! xx - Isobel (holdenonbaby)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the jacket. The shape and color are to die for. Me want now. Love the yellow/mustard infinity scarf as well. By the way I am a new follower. So hi.

    ReplyDelete