1/4/13

City Spotlight: San Francisco


One of my recent work trips had a somewhat long overnight in San Francisco, so I knew immediately that I needed to get in touch with my friend Tiffany, because she is always down for a good adventure and she lives in the Bay area.  As soon as my plane landed and all of my passengers deplaned, I ran to the bathroom to change my clothes and Tiffany picked me up from the airport!


First up on our agenda: the Golden Gate Bridge!  When I think of San Francisco that is the first image that pops into my mind.  Well, that...and the show Full House (did anyone else have a HUGE crush on Uncle Jesse?).  Let me just say that this bridge was more amazing in person than I thought it would be.  I have always had a love for bridges.  When I was in elementary school we rode on a boat down the Willamette River in Portland and took a "bridge tour", which was probably my favorite field trip ever!  

Tiffany took me to the most amazing viewing spot and it was the perfect timing, because the sun was just starting to set, casting a warm light on the red bridge.  The Golden Gate did not disappoint and I highly recommend checking it out, if you haven't already done so.


By the time we were done checking out the bridge we were really hungry.  While we were driving back into the city, we were trying to come up with a good place to eat for cheap (which is not super easy in San Francisco).  Tiffany started telling me about this amazing food truck festival that happens every once in a while, called Off the Grid.  We decided to drive by to see if it happened to be going on that night and the stars must have been aligned for us, because it was!  


There were so many different food trucks!  Yummy smells were filling the air and it was so hard to choose from them all, but I finally decided on a "Korrito" (Korean Burrito) from "Seoul on Wheels".  It was stuffed full of rice, chicken, kimchee, cilantro and cheese!  A tiny bit spicy, but amazingly delicious!

Tiffany loves her Salted Caramel ice cream.

Next, Tiffany wanted to take me to Bi-Rite Creamery, her favorite ice cream place.  I could never say no to ice cream, so I happily obliged.  I ordered a cone with a scoop of "Ricanelas" (cinnamon with snickerdoodles) and a scoop of Chocolate Coconut.  Tiffany ordered a cup with a scoop of Salted Caramel and a scoop of something else (I can't remember).  It was super yummy and I'll have to go back there the next time I'm in San Francisco!


The best thing about San Francisco is the wide variety of people.  You never know what you will see on the streets of this fun city.  Case in point: these two silly guys, who were kind enough to let me take their picture.  Street style at it's finest.  

Have you been to San Francisco?  If so, what are your favorite things to see, eat and do?  I can't wait to visit again and explore this great place some more!

I would also love if you could take a moment and vote for my blog to see if I can make it in the Circle of Moms Top 25 mommy fashion and beauty blogs!  You can vote once a day until January 23rd!

15 comments:

  1. I used to live on a Cruise Ship and was lucky enough to spend a couple of days in San Fran. Great city! I did all the touristy things. Their modern art gallery is outstanding.

    Love the new feel of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought it would be so fun to work on a cruise ship! I will be sure to check out the art gallery next time...thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, how I miss San Francisco!!! We lived 45 min away from the city for the past five years before we moved to Ohio this summer and I loved every second! I have been to Bi-Rite Creamery more times than I care to admit. ;) it's my FAVE!!!! Glad you had a great trip!!
    Jenni
    www.foundinmycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Ohio is quite the change! I wish I could afford to live in San Francisco, it's so much fun :)

      Delete
  3. I still love that you took that picture of those guys. haha! I also still love full house... Am I the only one? And so jealous of all your fun blogging adventures that come from your job! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully next time you're out there it'll be baseball season and you can go to AT&T park to watch the giants! That park is always abuzz with awesome fans and the coolest players around! Well I am a lil biased... Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved seeing your trip in pictures! sounds like so much fun and neat you got to meet up with tiffany ...ben and i were just there too! we spent christmas in san jose and spent two days seeing san fran! i loved the city ( minus all the hills) ...it was all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't been to san francisco in yearsss, but i really want to go back sometime soon! i think exploring the city with friends is absolutely fun! :D

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love San Fran. So cool you got to check out the food trucks. We stayed at the W SoHo when we were there a few years back which was amazing! Hubby's work paid for it : ) .

    It's such a quirky interesting place and the people are just great. Looking at your photos really makes me want to go back.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband and I got engaged in San Francisco while visiting his Aunt. It is also where his parents were engaged. My husband's great-grandma painted his parents a picture of the bridge for their wedding and we received it when we became engaged.

    I love SF :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love San Fran! That city has such great energy and character. Great pictures! Looks like a great time.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, looks so pretty! I've never really been to CA (I was in AR and I could see the CA mountains, but that's it) Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. San Fran looks beautiful. I def need to plan a trip there.


    www.roothless-xo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice Post, I want to go to san francisco

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm s sucka for a good food truck. love them. planning a trip to san fran this spring and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete