1/18/13

Resolutions & my January Sponsor Spotlight


Well folks, it's January...a.k.a. the month where we have the opportunity to give ourselves a "fresh start" and make some positive changes in our lives.  While I don't put a lot of focus on "New Year's Resolutions", I think it's always a good idea to be setting realistic goals for myself and my family.  On the list this year: be a better mom, travel more (for fun, not just work), become more organized, make it a priority to go on more dates with Emery, make exercise a part of my life, have fun, and eat lots of delicious food.  Please note that I didn't say healthy food.  I'm sorry, I LOVE greasy and tasty food...I can't help it!  Ok, I will try to eat a little healthier.

I asked my lovely sponsors to share their goals for the new year and this is what they had to say:


"Improve My Sites. I want to concentrate on making them even more interesting and informative than ever before. That will mean listening to the people who visit them more closely and discovering just what it is that interests them and what they want to know.  Get More Organized to Become More Responsible.  Go Back to School and Study Photography." ~ Hairspiration


"This year I am resolving to focus more on others by finding creative and inexpensive ways to serve others. I am creating a service budget each month and am super excited about the plans I have for doing random acts of kindness. And oh how I'd just love for you to join me!" ~ This Little Blonde


"I have always made New Year's Resolutions, but like so many, after a few weeks or a month down the road, those committments start to wane, and the guilty feelings fly.  So this year, I am thinking of it just as making each day as good or better than the day before.  It's a simple way to think about it, but it takes the pressure off, and I feel I will accomplish a lot more this year in all the aspects I want: my health, my business, relationships, my faith." ~ Arcadian Designs


 "I'm afraid I haven't made any new year's resolutions this year (except the obligatory - lose a few pounds) - they're too easily broken. Or maybe it has something to do with not working well when I feel boxed in. But goals leave me free to soar, so those I have in abundance!" ~ Jackie with Lilla Rose


"This year for me is all about finding balance. I feel life can be so busy always wanting to sew that sometimes thats all I do. This year I would really like to start to find more time to exercise, read, hang out with hubs and enjoy the outdoors!" ~ Kelsey Bang

Please go check out each of these lovely ladies, because they are super talented and I'm sure you will discover a new blog or shop that you will love!
I would also LOVE if you would take a second to vote for me to be one of the Top 25 Fashion and Beauty Mommy Blogs on Circle of Moms! You can vote once a day until the 23rd!

10 comments:

  1. Cute post! I hope all your goals come true, nice collage of pictures :D. RoRos World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I try to keep my goals fairly easy, so I can accomplish at least some of them :)

      Delete
  2. love your goals! and such great sponsors.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, will have to check out all the ladies tomorrow! I voted for you and hope you get in the top 25 for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kelly! And thanks for sponsoring my blog again!

      Delete
  4. I love everyone's resolutions! Especially yours about eating more delicious food. I like that! And you can afford to since you're so skinny ;)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am not that skinny...I just wear clothes that hide it! But either way, I could never give up my cheeseburgers or pizza :)

      Delete
  5. Thanks Elle! I will be right over to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. can I come join you and travel?! Its one of my favorite things to do too! :)

    ReplyDelete