12/21/12

Dressing for the holidays


The holidays can be a stressful time of year, at least for me.  There is so much decorating, shopping, baking and rushing around to various events.  Don't get me wrong, I love all of those things, but sometimes it can be hard to get everything done!  Well...today I'm hoping I can help take a tiny bit of that stress out of your lives, by giving you some last minute outfit inspiration for those special holiday parties and events.  


The first look would be appropriate for some of the more formal events, such as a cocktail party or fancy dinner.  Since the gold maxi dress was already a bit flashy, I wanted to go simple with everything else.  I just added a gold clutch, some earrings and left my hair down.  I don't go to very many events that have a formal dress code, but it's fun to get all dressy every once in a while!


The second outfit I put together is what I'd feel most comfortable in.  I could definitely see myself wearing this pretty lace Mikarose dress to a work or church Christmas party!  It's fancy, without being too formal. 


This last look is for those of you ladies who like to keep things a little more casual.  Since it's the holidays, you still want to look festive and put together.  All you need is some black pants, a pair of heels (or flats), and a blouse with a little bit of sparkle!  This outfit was comfortable, yet still dressy enough for a work party or family get together.

So...what type of outfits are you planning on wearing to your holiday events?

7 comments:

  1. I love the dress with the black leaves and flowers! :D would totally wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your two holiday dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegant, stylish, appropriate, lovely. Well done on all three! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! Just started following you, but I especially love the last two! Love how stylish and classy it is. I'm a big believer you can have both. I went for a red penil skirt, black turtleneck, grey tights, riding boots, dark pearl earrings, slouchy neutral cardigan, and a ballerina bun.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of these outfits are super cute! They are all 3 perfect for Christmas & new years!

    XOXO
    Nikki
    www.TheCraftySideOfSarcasm.com

    ReplyDelete