11/26/12

Manicure Monday: Julep "Nora"


Today I'm wearing one of the polishes from my November Julep Maven box, named "Nora". It's a silvery purple color, with a suede finish. You can add a top coat to make it more shiny, but I was kind of liking the matte look. 

This color was so pretty, but I was pretty disappointed when it started chipping the next day. Not just little chips, but huge flakes of the polish started falling off. I have never had a Julep polish do this, but apparently it is common for matte polish in general to have this problem. I guess putting a top coat just along the edges to help seal the polish helps some. Or I could add a matte top coat. Either way, it's a pretty color! 

What's on your nails this week?

4 comments:

  1. Such a nice colour I love Julep.

    Hope you can check out my latest post to see how you can get FREE sunglasses from Firmoo! www.nellecreations.com

    Save 10% on your first GLOSSYBOX!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color is great! I've never used Julep (I've heard mixed reviews) but it looks so great on you!
    Might have to give it a try :)
    xx Your New Follower,
    Kate at ummmnowwhat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that the matte finishes are doing that, so I'm not going to even bother trying out mine. Pretty disappointing considering what it cost!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this same experience with a Julep polish just today! Painted Saturday night and gone by Monday evening:( Hate that because it was a really awesome color!

    ReplyDelete