11/28/12

Comfy & Cute with Ashley

Hi everyone!  My name is Ashley and I blog over at flats to flip flops!


I blog about fashion, faith, and philanthropy.  Modest fashion, mommy moments and giving back are the theme over at my place!

  Sometimes as a mom on the go it is hard to find time to be
fashionable and I know that COMFORT is a major must!  
I have a motto: COMFY CAN BE CUTE!  
Today I am going to share a couple of my tips for turning 
your comfy outfits into something comfy, casual and chic!

1.  LAYER YOUR NECKLACES!
 One of my favorite staples in my wardrobe are my v neck tees!  
And they are soooo comfy!  
To add a little something to a plain tee, layer your necklaces.  
And like I did below, you can even use necklaces 
made of different materials to add more visual interest!  
No longer are the days when things have to be matchy matchy! 
 Go ahead and mix it up.


2.  ADD A SCARF!
If you are like me, you love wearing a tee shirt and a good pair of jeans!  There is nothing more comfy.  And a great way to add something to a tee shirt and jean is a scarf!  I especially love adding a scarf to a graphic tee like below.  It always makes me feel a little more hip and funky!


 3.  ADD A FUN PAIR OF FLATS OR TENNIES!
Another thing that can make a simple outfit pop is a great pair of shoes!  Try out a printed or bright colored flat(like below).  Or my personal favorite, break out some bright colored tennies to add a fun detail to your outfit!


 4.  STEAL SOMETHING FROM YOUR HUBBY!
When I really, really want to be comfy, I steal something from my hubby's side of the closet, like the plaid button down below!  What is more comfortable than slipping into something oversized and loose?  Whenever I rock menswear, I always try to add something feminine, like a long necklace, or bigger earrings, or a fitted blazer to make sure people still know I'm a girl! No 'Dude looks like a lady' here!


Hopefully these tips will help you in your quest to be comfy AND cute!
I'm interested, what tips do you guys have?  Feel free to stop over at flats to flip flops and let me know!  Love to hear from you!

And a big thanks to Jenny for letting me hang out on her awesome blog today!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley, thank YOU for hanging out on my blog today! I know all of you lovely readers will LOVE Ashley's blog (if you don't already check it out regularly like I do)!  You can also find Ashley on Bloglovin', Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.

3 comments:

  1. That pink and cobalt outfit up top is my favorite for sure. Great tips :)

    Samantha @ Sam ipsa loquitur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ideas! Comfort is my top priority but I'm trying to start looking less hobo-ish and more stylish. Without losing the comfort of course ;)
    These are great tips! I'm gonna be sure to check out your blog :)
    xx Natalia

    http://elantheblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips, especially the necklace layering since I feel like some of my poor necklaces don't get as much love as others! My only problem is that my future hubby is much leaner than me, so I wouldn't quite get the oversized look if I stole from him LOL.

    ReplyDelete