6/1/13

Aruba Part Two: Oranjestad


The capital of Aruba is Oranjestad, which is also the largest city on the island.  This is definitely the place to go if you are looking for souvenirs...there are little shops everywhere you turn!  There are also several high-end stores, such as Louis Vuitton and Michael Kors.  It was fun just looking around the city and seeing the cute buildings.

Please pardon my nasty beach hair. And let's not even talk about how white I am compared to my sister.
The cactus is my favorite.
Every hut had almost the exact same items...it reminded me of the International Marketplace in Waikiki.
"My feet hurt." We did a lot of walking and it was a bit too much for this little guy.

There isn't a beach right in Oranjestad, but there are a lot of boats and it's also home to the cruise ship terminal.  It always amazes me how HUGE cruise ships can be...I really need to take a trip on one sometime! 

I have one more Aruba post to share soon.  Make sure you check out the first Aruba post if you haven't already.  Oh, and I stole some of these pictures from my sister...since one of my cameras was ruined.  Yup, I'm still bitter about that Olympus.

11 comments:

  1. Wow so pretty! Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful place! love the buildings!!

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!? I am completely jealous of your nasty beach hair! And this city is so colorful...how do you enjoy traveling abroad with littles...I have been dying to take my two boys on an adventure. Just not sure if I am brave enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should just do it! It's actually not bad at all! Just make sure the kids have something to keep them entertained on the flight (I bring our iPad and coloring books) and they should be just fine :)

      Delete
  4. So sorry about your camera! Loving these pics though! I love all the colors of the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Caribbean colors make me happy!!

      Delete
  5. So colorful and warm! What a great place! Sorry about the camera, though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a bummer...but at least I have the memories :)

      Delete
  6. My husband and I went to Riviera Maya about 6 years ago and it was the same thing. Every little stand was selling the same stuff. I didn't get it.
    Method Clothe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I remember it being like that there too. It's odd...haha.

      Delete
  7. The colors are unreal, so pretty!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete