4/3/13

The Festival of Colors


This past weekend I decided to attend the Holi Festival of Colors for the first time and I'm so glad I did...it was a blast! Holi is a Hindu celebration of the arrival of Spring. It originated in India, but the one here in Utah (at the Spanish Fork Sri Sri Radha Krishna temple) is the largest in the Western hemisphere!  My friend Kelsey and her husband met us there and we had such a fun time. 


We left completely covered in color/dirt, but it was totally worth it.  My kids really loved it (except when they got a bit of color in their eyes) and they fell asleep as soon as we got in the car.  A good day, indeed.

P.S. If you are in Utah, you should come to Fashion Place Mall this Friday (April 5th) from 6-8pm.  They are having a big Spring Fashion event, where there will be fashion shows, photography/art on display and a great Instagram Giveaway for those who attend.  There will be lots of awesome bloggers there too, so you should definitely go!  For those of you attending the event, here is what you will need to do to enter the giveaway:

1.       Follow Fashion Place on Instagram and Facebook.
2.       Snap a photo on Instagram (photos must be taken at the Fashion Place Spring Fashion event featuring you, fashion, art, or a mix of these).
3.       Tag both @fashionplacemall and #fashionplacemall so we can find your photos.
4.       The more photos you take, the more entries you get (one entry per photo).
5.       FP will host a drawing of all entrants and one lucky winner will receive a $250 gift card to shop your favorite stores at Fashion Place!
6.       Winner will be announced Monday, Apr. 9, on Fashion Place’s Instagram and Facebook.

Can you spot me and Gentri?  We look like we are sleeping!
 
I hope to see you there!

17 comments:

  1. What a fun time and what great photos!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun!! And you didn't have to run a 5k to do it. ;)

    Were you scared of breathing in all the colors? The air got really thick at one point! The pictures of your kids are precious. They'd look so beautiful displayed in your home!

    xo,
    -Nathy
    Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel like I breathed in a lot of color, but I guess it was worth it! I would like to do one of those 5k runs too. It's so much fun :)

      Delete
  3. Ah that looks like such fun! Tons of students from USU went down to this and I'm super jealous. Looks like the kiddos had a blast too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have to come down next time, you would love it!

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh, I lOVE the festival of colors! this is the first year I haven't gone in a lonnng time. I hope the kids loved it, and didn't get trampled of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah I was kind of worried about them getting trampled...or lost. But luckily we didn't have any problems!

      Delete
  5. so much fun!
    i love the color fest.
    and saturday was the best weather!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg the colors!!! i feel like my lungs would suffer in all that chalk! haha I only went my freshman year. i was so cool back then.
    anyway, you two are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, breathing in all that stuff was definitely the worst part! Some people were wearing masks or bandanas...which I would probably do next time :)

      Delete
  7. I love this festival. We went to one last year that's held at Standford and had a blast!!! Them Indians know how to have a party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love this. What a perfect thing to take your kids to. My son would love this!!! I'm hosting a link up next thursday April 11. Show me your favorite Spring trend. Hope to see you there.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your son would totally love it! I will try to remember to come link up, thanks for inviting me :)

      Delete
  9. SO FUN! One of the many things I miss about good ole' Utah!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! this looks like a crazy fun time!!!!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha! Oh that picture of us... good times. :)

    ReplyDelete