4/9/13

Bold color, stripes and Dansko shoes

Levi's Jacket: Kohls, Striped Top: Old Navy, Jeans: Old Navy, Shoes: c/o Dansko, Necklace/Bracelet: c/o Chicnova

In my profession I'm on my feet a lot, so it's important to have comfortable shoes that will last.  Almost all of the flight attendants I know own a pair of Dansko's, because they have great arch support and the way they are designed help keep your feet from hurting after working on them all day.  I had never worn any of their sandals before, but I'm happy to report that they are just as amazing...they are actually more comfy than my dressier work shoes!  The style I'm wearing is the "Jess", which is part of the new Vista collection.  I highly recommend Dansko shoes if you are on your feet a lot, or even if you aren't.  There are a bunch of great styles and you can find them at Zappos.com, Nordstrom, and a few other places.  They retail for around $135, which may sound a little high for shoes, but I can honestly say they are worth the price (and I don't say that about many shoes).  They last forever and best of all...they make your feet happy!

Also, this is one of my favorite outfits lately.  It's casual and comfortable, but I still feel really put together!
Shop This Look

22 comments:

  1. Those Dansko shoes are actually cute! I hear everywhere that they have the best shoes for missionaries, but I can't bring myself to buy any because they're not cute at all. Thanks for sharing!

    katieelizabethbaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the look of the clogs, but they have a ton of other kinds...the ones I wear to work are a mary jane style :)

      Delete
  2. You are darling, love this outfit on you! I can't believe you are a flight attendant! I totally want to do that! :) We need to talk sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Bridgette! Yeah, it's a pretty fun job :)

      Delete
  3. Such a cute outfit on you! I love the red pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pants!! This whole look is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the striped top! Cute and comfy outfit.

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! The striped top is perfect with your bright denim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit is a winner Jenny! Cape Breton stripes, signature denim jacket and red skinnies! Perfection! Honestly, I think it would be fun for an airline to design a uniform using these elements. Thanks for the info on the Dansko shoes.

    Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was almost expecting you to be wearing the big bulky Dansko clogs. One of my professors used to wear them every day with black tights, a denim skirt, and a black zip up hoodie. She was a genius and a remarkable teacher, but her sense of fashion was another thing. Good times. Oh, and I love that your sandals give off a stripe vibe to go with your top :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love those shoes! way cute! your adorable! love the top knot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those cheery orange pants are a perfect match to the denim jacket....It was great being with you at the Wallis search!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the nail polish! So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PRETTY sure we are rocking the same red old navy skinnies today! ;) You look better though, wish I had long lean legs like you hot momma! haha Also love the stripes. You can't go wrong with stripes in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect Spring outfit. Love the stripes and bright colored pants. And what a cool necklace!
    www.shannonheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit. I love red and stripes together. Perfection!!! Visiting from the link up. Don’t forget to link up tomorrow. Show me your favorite spring trend. HOpe you can join. I’m also doing a giveaway for a $300 gift card to gap/old navy/banana republic. Come by and enter.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a chic outfit! I love the stripes and the red pants are so cool!
    I am coming here via pleated poppy linkup! Love ur blog and style!! New follower:-)
    Stay in touch!
    Have a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    PS. I am hosting an amazing giveaway on my blog, hope you would participate!
    Enter $40 giftcard giveaway by Lorraine Tyne

    ReplyDelete