3/1/13

Foodie Friday: Giordano's Pizza


Don't worry, I'm not going to become a "food blogger", but eating is definitely a big part of my life.  I love food...always have, always will.  I hate to cook (so don't be looking forward to any great recipes anytime soon), but I love to eat at restaurants and find new tasty places.  Therefore, I figured I would share some of my food adventures!

On my last visit to Chicago I knew I had to find some great pizza.  I had previously eaten at one of the favorite Chicago pizza joints, Gino's East.  It was delicious, but I wanted to see if any other restaurants could compare.  I had seen recommendations for Giordano's and luckily it was fairly close to my hotel, so off I went to try it out.

I was happy to find out that there was a lunch special, which consisted of a personal-sized pizza and a drink.  The pizza options were cheese, pepperoni, sausage, or spinach.  I'm a pepperoni lover, so that's what I chose.  Normally these are ready within 15 minutes, but since I got there toward the end of lunchtime the waitress advised me it would be 30 minutes.  It was nice that she gave me a realistic waiting time and I was willing to stick around.  


It was worth the wait.  My pizza came to the table fresh out of the oven and I couldn't wait to take a bite!  It does look small when you see it sitting in front of you, but don't be fooled...this little pizza is packed full of cheese and pepperoni. The deep dish crust is the perfect mix of buttery and flaky. It was definitely enough for one person and I even ended up taking half of it back to the hotel with me!


Was Giordano's better than Gino's?  That's a hard one.  They are both delicious and pretty similar, but I think I do like Giordano's a little better, mostly because of the crust.  I guess I will just have to take another trip to Chicago to try them out again!

I just registered for an account on Yelp, so I can start checking-in to restaurants and leaving reviews.  My Yelp page is jennywinward.yelp.com, so if you use it I would love to have you add me as a friend...Hope to see you there!

P.S. Where was the best pizza you've ever eaten?

12 comments:

  1. OMG, that looks so delicious. You are making my stomach growl!

    Serena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know...now I really wish I had some more!

      Delete
  2. Yum! I ate at Pizzeria Uno in Chicago and it was very delicious. However, (Chicagoans don't hate me) the best Chicago style pizza I've ever eaten was at a whole in the wall joint here in California (eek!). I'm also a SUPER fan of a pizza at a place called Magoo's in my hometown. Instead of tomato sauce they use this delicious garlic/alfredo type sauce that. IS. TO. DIE. FOR. Seriously. It's soooo yummy.

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have one of those in the O'Hare airport, but I'm guessing it's nowhere near as good as the actual restaurant...you can't judge a restaurant based on their airport food. Well, with the exception of Cafe Rio here in Salt Lake (which I highly recommend if you are ever in the SLC airport)...it's just as good!

      I've had a chicken pizza with Alfredo sauce before and I agree...so GOOD!!

      Delete
  3. totally ate there while I was in chicago and LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gino's East was where we spent every evening after school dances, growing up in Chicago. I miss it so much!
    I can't wait to head back this month and have another one for old times sake!
    Thanks for posting this, made me smile after my junky day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so jealous you grew up there! It's one of my favorite cities...so much to do, eat and see!

      Delete
  5. YUM that looks awesome!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this mentioned on some travel channel show the other day. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh! this looks like my kind of pizza! do they do air maiL?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delish! Pizza is absolutely my fav food and I've never tried a pizza like that but I seriously need to. There is a place near where my sister lives that has it. It's not chicago but I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete