3/20/13

One Perfect Day in San Diego


Last month I was lucky enough to have a long layover in San Diego for work.  There are many times when I just want to get extra sleep on these long overnights, but I can never waste a nice day in California!

I didn't have any actual plans for where I was going, I just hopped on the Green Line trolley ($5 for an all-day pass) and headed toward Downtown.  I knew I wanted to check out the harbor, so I took a guess and got off at the Little Italy station.  It must have been my lucky day, because it was only two blocks over to the harbor from this stop.


This is the Star of India.  I don't know a lot about it, but I do know that it's part of the San Diego Maritime Museum and it's the oldest active sailing ship in the world.  Maybe sometime I will check out the museum, it might be interesting!


I spent some time walking along the waterfront, looking at the boats and enjoying the nice weather.


After visiting the harbor, I hopped back on the Trolley and made my way to the Gaslamp Quarter station.  This is such a cute part of town and at night this is the place to be.  There are tons of restaurants, bars and shops.


I walked a couple blocks over to check out Petco Park, where the San Diego Padres play their baseball games.  To be honest, I'm not a big baseball person...so this wasn't too exciting for me, but it looked like a nice field!


At this point I wasn't sure what I wanted to do.  I thought about going down to the border (by Tijuana), just for the heck of it.  I got on the Blue Line trolley, but once I got closer to the border I wasn't as excited about the idea...so I chose the beach instead!  I got off at the Palm Ave station, then took the 933 bus to Imperial Beach.  Public transportation is always an interesting experience on it's own...but it's cheap and I was able to get where I needed to go!


Most of my day was spent here at Imperial Beach.  I loved walking around in the sand, looking at sea lions swimming around, watching old men fish off of the pier and searching for sea shells.  Oh, and just soaking up as much sunshine as possible!


San Diego is another one of those cities I would move to in a heartbeat.  Perfect climate, great food, lots to do...yeah, I could be happy there.  A girl can dream!

19 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, san diego is my favorite place in the world. i love it.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures. I've been to San Diego when I was a kid but I would love to go back.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! Makes me want to visit!

    x
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited San Diego 2 yrs ago and I absolutely loved it
    I did a post on it too. Check it out
    http://beautystyleandgrowth.blogspot.com/2011/07/taste-of-san-diego.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! I've never been to San Diego, but now I really want to go! I love all of the pictures by the water and the boats, so prettY!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are beautiful. I like the 'stillness' of the water.

    I went on a boat ride last year, at the National Harbor in Maryland. It was a splendid time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these pictures! San Diego really is so perfect, this post has me dying to go!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I think I may need to move there!

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pictures! I've never been to California, even though I live in southeast Washington State. I really want to go, though, especially after seeing all these :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what do you do for work? take me with youu!! haha
    hope i see you tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. San Diego is the best city there is! I've lived here my whole life and still can't get enough and haven't done everything I want to do here. Come back and visit soon!

    Kristin
    buttonspockets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow looks like a beautiful day! I love SD :)

    http://styleupstairs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd soak up as much sun as I could too! Living in AZ it was an easy 5 or so hour drive to San Diego. Made for nice weekend getaways. I miss living that close to there. So much fun and so much to see!

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like a beautiful day trip! i would move there too.. if it weren't sooo expensive!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE! I'm heading to SD end of May to visit my sister and best friend...unbelievably excited. Glad you had time to enjoy it a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So fun! I would love to be at the beach right now!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love San Diego. What a great place to live or visit. The weather is always great.


    If you get a sec, check out my latest post 'Bold in Blue'.

    XO
    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. love your sunnies! and great photos! xoxo following you!
    http://www.eyesonking.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got some great photos on your day in San Diego! It's a city I've always wanted to go to, and this just made me want to go even more! Glad you had lots of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete