2/20/13

Valentine's Date (A Little Bit Late)


I meant to share pictures from our Valentine's Date earlier, but I got called out to work and have had absolutely no time to blog in the past few days!  So anyway, for Valentine's Day I decided to plan out a date for the two of us and not tell Emery what we were doing.  He was a little nervous, but he put a little faith in me and up to Salt Lake City we went!


First thing on the agenda: a walk through temple square. It was a little chilly as we were strolling around the temple grounds, but it was so peaceful and beautiful. 


Next we hopped on the lightrail and made our way over to this cute little restaurant called Sammy's. I had a Groupon, so we were able to get an awesome deal. The food is sooo good, especially the "pie shakes". They mix real pie into the ice cream and it is heavenly. They also have shakes that are made with cupcakes (I will be trying one of those on my next visit). 


After dinner we went ice skating at Gallivan Center.  Emery had never been ice skating before and he got a little worried once he saw what we were going to be doing, but after he got moving around the rink he realized how fun it was!


I have some sweet ice skating moves...move over Bryan Boitano!  Ok, maybe not.  But it sure is fun to pretend!

Dress: c/o Bettie Page Clothing, Tights: Nordstrom, Shoes: Target, Coat: Macy's, Purse: Target

It was such a fun date and it was definitely a much needed night out without the kids.  What did you do for Valentine's Day?

Also, the winner of the Lilla Rose Valentine's Giveaway was Stacie...congrats!  If you didn't win, you can still take advantage of Jackie's Buy 3 get 1 Free deal.  Just contact her to take advantage of the deal!

14 comments:

  1. you look so dang cute! what a fun and perfect date! i have had sammys on my to eat list! now i wil have to go it looks so dang yummy! and ice skating! sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to go! There is one in Provo too :)

      Delete
  2. it's ok if it's late! looked fun! :) you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, it was super fun!

      Delete
  3. Looks like such a fun Valentine's! I have some gift cards to use at Sammy's..maybe we'll do that for a date night one of these Friday nights. I would love to go ice skating again, its been a long time. Love your Vday outfit! Super cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been ice skating in over 5 years! I thought I wouldn't remember how to skate, but luckily it wasn't too hard!

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty picture of you guys in front of the Temple. Looked like you had an awesome Valentine's Day. Love your red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lena! It really was a good date night :)

      Delete
  5. Ahhh, how cute! I love it. And those shoes are the perfect Valentines wear! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Silver! They are cute, but my feet definitely hurt by the end of the night!

      Delete
  6. Ohhh, fun! The temple looks so beautiful! Well, on Valentine's Day I was at a sewing group with ladies from church. Can you believe that? My husband had to work late so it was okay. We went out on Friday and it was fun. We got engaged last year on Valentine's Day so we replayed that day (and the days leading up to it) over dinner and looked at pictures. After that we came home, shared ice cream, and caught up with "The Office" via Hulu Plus. Yay!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ice cream and The Office sounds like a perfect date to me!!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fun night! I definitely miss Utah a lot for Sammy's!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I forget that you lived in Utah...I wish you still did :(

      Delete