2/13/13

The Heart Truth's Red Dress Fashion Show


Last week, I had the opportunity to attend The Heart Truth's Red Dress Fashion Show in New York City. Each February, celebrities hit the runway in red dresses to help promote heart health awareness.  The gorgeous dresses are created by top designers and this year the show featured dresses by Zac Posen (worn by Kelly Osbourne), Badgley Mischka (worn by Kris, Kendall and Kylie Jenner), Oscar De La Renta (worn by Minka Kelly)...just to name a few!  Here are some photos from the show:

Waiting in line outside the venue.

I'm possibly the only person who would bring their Dad to a fashion show, but I'm so glad I did!  Although, he doesn't look too excited in this picture...haha.

Waiting for the show to start. Note: if you watch Chelsea Lately, see if you can spot Heather McDonald (across the runway, on the left)...I think she is so hilarious!

 Still waiting for the show to start. Note: Kim from the blog Eat.Sleep.Wear. was sitting right behind me and I didn't even recognize her.  I am the worst at recognizing people in real life!

 I was so excited to run into Lily, a gorgeous gal I met at the show last year! I love how we are wearing similar red dresses. Bettie Page Clothing sent me this lovely dress to wear. (I just wish I would have worn some Spanx...)

Toni Braxton (in Herve L. Leroux), Kelly Osbourne (in Zac Posen), and Minka Kelly (in Oscar de la Renta).  Note: Minka played the character Lyla on one of my favorite t.v. shows of all time, Friday Night Lights.  I was able to meet her last year and she was so sweet!

This was my favorite dress of the night.  It was a gorgeous sparkly red gown designed by David Meister and worn by Jamie Chung.  Note: If you watch Once Upon a Time, you would recognize Jamie as the character Mulan. 

I just love Wendy Williams' face in this shot, haha.

Show is over...time to drink some Diet Coke (out of the cutest heart straw) and head back to the hotel to change out of my heels!

And here is a little video I took of the finale.  Sorry if it's a little bumpy...I was recording the video and trying to take pictures with my phone at the same time!


I will be posting more photos from the rest of my trip to New York, so be sure to check back!

15 comments:

  1. waww, looks like you have a great event x)
    love your dress and your hair x))

    come and see my blog,
    xo,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked beautiful. What a fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm take me with you on all of these fun adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, I say the more the merrier!!

      Delete
  4. you are so cute! your dad is adorable! i love that he got to go with you! such a moment to treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually really glad he came with me, we had such a blast together exploring the city!!

      Delete
  5. You definitely do not need Spanx:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you brought your dad!! I LOVE your dress.


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not sure he loved the fashion show, but he loved exploring NYC with me!

      Delete
  7. This would be like a dream come true! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be like a dream come true! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny, you are beautiful! Red is a great color on you :)

    beauty & truth

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing. i love wendy williams so she is hilarious

    Not Going Out Like That

    ReplyDelete