2/14/13

Happy Valentine's Day!


Happy Valentine's Day! Sure, it's a commercialized holiday that helps companies sell their cards, flowers and chocolates and we should really be celebrating our love every day...but I'm a sucker for all holidays!  I also love any excuse to get a babysitter and have a date night with my husband! 

My favorite Valentine's Day was probably my first Valentine's Day with Emery.  We hadn't been dating for too long and he kind of shocked me when he said the "L" word.  I just wasn't ready to say it back.  I'm not a big fan of saying things like that unless I really mean it.  I'm pretty sure I responded with a "Thanks"...needless to say, that was awkward.  However, by Valentine's Day I knew that I really did love Emery (or maybe I was just influenced by all the lovey-dovey Valentine's stuff surrounding me at the time, haha).  I cut out some big letters spelling "I LOVE YOU" and taped them up on his bedroom wall, along with some pictures of us (including the one above, which was taken at Utah State University back when we first started dating in January 2005).  This will be our 9th Valentine's Day together...wow, now I feel so old!!

Anyway, I asked my lovely sponsors to share their favorite Valentine's memory and this is what they had to say:

Website | Facebook | Newsletter
"My favorite Valentine's Day memory is from last year, provided by my then 18-year-old darling daughter. She hid valentine's around the house in various 'matching' places. 'You suit me to a tea' among my tea things, 'Let's strike up a match' near the matches, and so on. What fun it was to search them all out!" ~ Jackie

Blog | Facebook | Instagram
"My husband and I decided not to defrost and eat our wedding cake on our 1st anniversary (January 12th), but wait another month to celebrate on Valentine's Day. I put on my wedding dress, the hubby put on his tuxedo, ordered takeout, and ate wedding cake for dessert; and it was just as good as it was on our wedding day (surprisingly)." ~ Serena

Blog | Facebook | Twitter
"My favorite Valentine's day experience was when my son was only 1 year old and I was feeling really sad and lonely because my ex was long gone and I had no dates. My parents being the sweethearts they are, got me chocolates to cheer me up. What really made my day was looking at my son who said "wuv you" to me. He was only 1 and it was the most precious and heartwarming moment I ever had. By far, the best Valentine's experience of my life." ~ Jean

Blog | Facebook | Twitter
"My favorite Valentine's Day was my senior year of high school. My best friend took me out for the evening: flowers, chocolates and love note included; he then proceeded to give me my first kiss! His and mine." ~ Brooklyn


And here is my Valentine's Manicure. It didn't turn out as good as I had imagined in my head, but I guess it will do. I hope you all have a great day of love!

10 comments:

  1. Aww that's a cute picture of you guys...pretty nails! :) RoRos World

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture, and you haven't aged! Don't feel too bad about not saying the "L" word, I did the same too, hey, it happens to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such pretty nails! (I tried to do a little valentine mani, but it totally failed
    0

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! I love hearing a little piece of your love story :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those nails. Much better then mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow your nails look amazing!! Looks like you had a fab vday with your hubby!!! I love your story!!

    xoxo

    http://elisemn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete