5/5/12

DIY Business Cards

I didn't order business cards in time for the Breathing Space Blogger Retreat I went to this weekend, so I had to come up with something in a jiffy.  If you ever find yourself in a similar situation here is an easy option you could try.

You will need:
  • Cardstock (I found this cardstock in 2" strips, which meant I only had to cut them every 3.5 inches.  I was able to get 3 business cards out of each strip)
  • Address Labels
  • Nail Polish (You could also use ribbon, scrapbook paper, etc.)
First, cut the cardstock to business card size (2"x3.5").  Use a label template (I used one on the Avery website) to create your design and print it out onto the labels.  Position the label onto the card.  I wanted to include a QR Code so people with smartphones could scan my info.
Next, I painted one edge of the card with the nail polish.  I used two coats so it would show up nicely.
Here is the final business card.  I know it isn't amazing, but I feel the nail polish fit the theme of my blog.
I made them in all different colors.  I decided to add glitter polish to all of them...who doesn't love a little bit of sparkle?  What do you think?
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. such a cute idea. I just ordered some business cards but the fact that you made your own is so cute and creative (:

    http://lovelyxobsessions.blogspot.com/
    Shop Lovely Obsessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously think this is awesome, actually =) I'm really sorry you didn't get to stay at Breathing Space, though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love your business cards! So fun! I will def. send you a square button by Monday for your page dear (:

    xx
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fantastic! What a GREAT idea!! Def going to keep this idea in my back pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them, great idea!! I think they turned out amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome! I hope you had a great time hun. I had to share this on facebook love these, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Love these! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh, how did I manage to miss out on getting one of your cute business cards!? Dang it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your idea is brilliant! I want to go to a blog convention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing

    I am looking forward to seeing what you have been upto this week @ craft create and inspire

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah i love these!!! and i too used to be a flight attendant :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great, but does the nail polish wear off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, since the first couple layers soaked in to the paper it doesn't flake off :)

      Delete