5/6/12

Breathing Space Blogger Retreat

On Friday I had the opportunity to attend the Breathing Space Blogger Retreat in the community of Daybreak Utah.  There were 75 amazing bloggers in attendance, all ready for a weekend of learning, relaxing and socializing.
This was my car as I pulled into the parking lot for the first class.  If you can't tell, there was radiator fluid everywhere and it was smoking like crazy.  I had to have it towed all the way back down to Utah County.  Not a great start to my blogging retreat experience!
This was the one and only class I was able to attend.  It was a style class taught by the amazing Becki from Whippycake.  She had a bunch of great info on how to dress for your body type, complexion, etc.
On Friday night there was a Stepford Wives themed dinner.  The first stop was the Torani italian soda bar.  I had raspberry and it was delicious!
Possibly the best part of the evening...Diet Coke!
A tasty cupcake from Cupcake Wars winner The Sweet Tooth Fairy.
These are two of my new favorite ladies...Megan from And Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson and Gentri Lee.  They are just as sweet in real life as they seem on their blogs.  I am a socially awkward person in general and they made me feel slightly more comfortable!
There was a fun photobooth setup with cute props.  I love silly pictures!
Clockwise from top-left: Me, Elise from Elise's Pieces, Megan from And Here's to you, Mrs. Robinson, Becki from Whippycake, Nichelle from Vintage Wanna Bee, and Gentri from Gentri Lee.  You should check out all of their blogs, you won't be disappointed!
The beautiful and talented Jen from Tatertots & Jello. She seriously has THE BEST home decor, crafts and DIY ideas...I could spend hours browsing her site and neglecting my children.

I was so bummed when I had to leave early because of a sick child at home.  I'm glad I was able to meet so many great and inspiring women.  By the way, I am super shy...so if I didn't say hi to you I promise it wasn't because I'm a snob...I'm just completely awkward in social situations.  It's so much easier to talk from behind a blog! I've never been to any kind of blog conference before, but I'm trying to push myself and I think this was a great start.  I'd also just like to thank everyone who helped plan and put together this event, it turned out wonderful!

Make sure to enter the Hapari Swimwear Giveaway!
Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip and experience. Everything looks so yummy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the part you could attend. I was sad you had to leave. Wanted to stay up talking in our pj's. Thanks for being my roomie for like 30 mins. By the way were you able to get all those hair pins out? I would have helped..... come visit any time. Bluefamilyscene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish they had a bloggers retreat here in the Sunshine state. I'd love to meet some of my lovely blogger mama friends. Looks like you had a blast!

    xo,
    Allison
    http://barretts1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god, I love your dress so much! I think I saw you there but I forget where it was. So sorry to hear about your car!!! I guess it collectively wasn't our weekend :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable and I just loved meeting you! Also, you totally rocked that dress. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun! Thanks for joining the Meet and Tweet this week! I am a new follower! I hope you stop by and do the same!

    Robin @ http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh i am so jealous! this looks like so much fun! xo and your car looked so angry! ha aww

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fun experience!! Sorry about the car :( but glad you could still get to the blogger's conference!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so happy I got to meet you!! I'm so sorry you had a bad day and you had to leave early. I felt so bad. But I'm glad we got to party together for a night :) You are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bummer about your car and having to leave early! But looks like you got to see some amazing bloggers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great time regardless of cars and sick kids!!!!! SO FUN! I'd love to go to a meet up one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like it was so much fun! Wish I was still in UT and could have gone!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had so much fun :) and I love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful girls! if you want, take a look at my blog...we can follow each other if you like it! I hope...kisses

    http://truelovecomesonlyinboutique.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man, sick cars and sick kids :( Life ;) Looks like it was still a blast! Super excited to be your newest follower :)
    xoxo
    Brit

    ReplyDelete