5/17/12

Airport Fashion and a Trip to Portland

Blue pants: Rue21, Coral Cardigan: Kohls, Floral Tank: Target, Black Flats: Target, Necklace: Urban Legend, Bag: Nine & Co.
Last weekend I decided to fly up to Portland with the kids to visit my parents.  When I fly I like to dress comfortable, while still looking somewhat put together.  Although it would have been fun to experience the glamour days of flying, where you dressed up in your best attire, I'm glad that it's acceptable to dress more casual today!  My airport outfit consisted of stretchy blue pants, a loose-fitting tank top, a cardigan to keep me warm on the plane, and a pair of flats.   

My kids are starting to become great travelers and this makes me so happy!  I absolutely dreaded flying with them when they were babies...they were always throwing fits and it was so embarrassing! But now they are at the point where they either sleep or just relax while enjoying a movie and snack. 
 The best part of the weekend was being able to spend time with my mom for Mother's Day.  We drove over to Seaside Beach for the day and had some fun in the sun.  It was such a beautiful day and this was the most people I have ever seen at an Oregon beach in my whole life!  I was very proud of our sandcastle...I'm pretty sure I had more fun making it than the kids did.
In other news...I have made the decision not to continue the Lovely Things Thursday Linky Party.  It was so fun seeing all of your amazing projects and outfits, but at this time I really want to focus more on modest fashion, beauty and my life's happenings.  Maybe I will have another linky party again someday, but for now I hope that you all will understand! 
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Your babies are beautiful! Glad you had a good Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw how fun! all of you are adorable and gorgeous :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, there's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you get a real account, it's not that hard :)

      Delete
  4. Oh lucky girl. Sounds like a great trip and you look great. Hopefully I can find something comfy to wear on our flight home this weekend. This is my second flight with our daughter so crossing fingers she does great like she did the first time but its definitely been awhile. I so miss Oregon its so beautiful there...my grandparents still have their house up there and I miss going every year.

    Anyways, glad you had a great time sweets.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she behaves well for you! I always used to be annoyed at the crying babies on the plane, but now I just feel sorry for the parents :)

      Delete
  5. Oh Jenny! Your kids are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I guess I'll keep 'em...lol.

      Delete
  6. I've lived in Portland practically my whole life besides when I've been in school! It seriously is one of the best places ever. Love your airport outfit!

    Gingersnap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely understandable :) Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Like your airport outfit! very similar to what i would wear too! I have lived in Portland for my whole life, and I know that as soon as the sun comes out, everyone heads down to sea side :) (since it usually is gray and cold there) i love your castle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always extra special getting to spend time with mom ON Mother's Day! :) Love those blue pants! I want some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great airplane outfit. Whenever I fly I have to fight my urge to wear sweatpants and t-shirt ;) I have to remind myself that I am going to the airport, not Wal-Mart ;) LOL....j/k. Glad you had a good mom's day weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you look so cute going to the airport! I always look super scrubby when I travel... haha! Gotta be comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, such a cute airport ensemble! I LOVE the Urban Legend necklaces, I think I'll need to invest in one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cardigan. This is my first time visiting and I think your blog is great. I'm your newest GFC follower.

    -Mandi
    createinspiremotivate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete