1/1/14

My goals for the new year.


I know a lot of people think New Year Resolutions are silly, because you can make life changes and set personal goals at any time.  However, I think they give me a little extra push to better myself throughout the upcoming year. 

Looking over my resolutions for 2013, there are a couple things I accomplished.  One of those was to travel more.  With a trip to Aruba, as well as a trip to Switzerland, I think I can check that one off the list.  Of course, I would've loved to take even more vacations, but unfortunately that requires lots of money!  I'm definitely looking forward to more great trips in 2014!  Being a better mom is something I tried to improve on all year and even though I'm not winning any "Mom of the Year" awards, I think I've made some progress.  This is something I will always be working on, because being a mother is the most important job I have!

Now for my 2014 resolutions...

1. Blog more.  I really haven't been able to post as often as I'd like to lately and I know that is something I need to work on.  I have so many things to write about and there are so many ideas constantly floating around in my head that never get written down. 

2. Blog less.  I know this sounds contradictory to #1, but here's the thing...I spend too much time obsessing over certain things like editing, social media, and taking way too many pictures of everything.  I love blogging about my experiences, but I need to be better with managing my time and limit how much I'm neglecting my family and other responsibilities.

3. Exercise.  This is probably a resolution that 90% of Americans have on their list, because it's an important one! I'm so out of shape and I really need to work on being healthy.  My goal isn't to lose weight, because I'm comfortable with where I'm at now, but I want to work on toning my body and not being so soft/squishy.

4. Organization.  This was on my list last year, but it didn't go so well.  I'm so bad at keeping things in order and managing my time.  It's time to finally get organized and I hope this is the year I can make it happen! 

What are your goals for the new year?  Are you pro-resolution or anti-resolution?

Kisses at midnight. (Can't believe they both stayed up!)

10 comments:

  1. Good luck! Your blogging goals totally make sense and exercise IS super important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to be more organized too! I would put exercise/tone up on mine too, it just most likely won't happen like usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I have such a hard time keeping on track with exercise. My husband is really good about it, so I will definitely need him to help me!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so with you on the blogging more and less thing! I need to figure out a good balance! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard! I always find myself stressing over getting pictures for every single thing, instead of taking the time to really soak it in and experience everything. So much to work on, but yay for setting goals! Happy New Year to you too girly!

      Delete
  4. I've gone back and forth between pro- and anti-resolutions, but I find that even if I don't always keep my resolutions, I definitely won't keep them if I don't make any! I can agree with all these resolutions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be anti for the same reason. I always have a hard time keeping them, but I figure it's better to at least try!

      Delete
  5. Haha I love your goals! I need to get organized too..we shall see.

    Wishing you the best in 2014!
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely do New Years resolutions. But then half way through the year I realize I haven't done very good and have mid-year goals too, ha! I wish you the best!

    Merrimentandgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete