1/20/14

Black Bean Salsa and an Easy Superbowl Party!

This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Rubbermaid and Sharpie but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #RubbermaidSharpie http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO.


Did anyone watch the playoff games last night?  I sure did and I'm so excited, because both teams I was rooting for are going to the Superbowl!  I'm hoping the Seahawks will win, since I'm from the Pacific Northwest and all...but my husband is a huge Peyton Manning fan, so he is all for the Broncos winning.  It's going to be a fun game!  But no superbowl game is complete without a party, right?!  Well, I've come up with a couple fun ways to make your game-day party a hit, with the help of Rubbermaid food storage and Sharpie markers.


First, I wanted to put together a little Superbowl guessing game to make things a little more interesting.  I came up with several questions and printed them out on white paper, then decorated them with Sharpie markers.  I think this will be a fun thing for the whole family to do!


I wanted to create something that my guests could take home as a little memento of the party.  These Rubbermaid containers were the perfect size for an individual portion of salsa (which people can use during the game and then fill up before they head home).  I used the Sharpie markers to personalize containers for both the Seahawks and Broncos fans!


Last, but definitely not least...the black bean salsa!  This is my favorite type of salsa and it's pretty simple to make.  Since I think everyone should enjoy this delicious snack, I've decided to share the recipe with you...you can thank me later!

Ingredients:

1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, diced
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice

Directions:

Mix together black beans, corn, tomatoes, jalapeno, red onion, cilantro, salt and lime juice in a large bowl.  Fold in avocado.  Cover and place in fridge until ready to serve.  Note: this salsa tastes the best after sitting in the fridge for a couple hours!


Starting January 25th and running through February 8th, Target will have some great deals on Rubbermaid and Sharpie products.  There will be coupons for $1 off Rubbermaid food storage and $1 off a Sharpie pack of 4 or larger.  Coupons will be sent out via text and you can just show the barcode at the register...so convenient! If you aren't already signed up for Target's mobile coupons you can simply text COUPONS to TARGET at anytime. I use the mobile coupons ALL the time, so it's definitely worth doing!

So, what are YOUR plans for the Superbowl?  Which team will you be rooting for?

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks amazing! I pinned this so I can try it asap!
    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, yum. This looks amazing!

    <3 Daryl
    Unlost

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is really good for newbie like me and so much a lot of informative post. Truly I like it because I fully impressed to it…
    StaffXperts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for share this food. It look very interesting. I think this will be a fun thing for the whole family to do.
    Texaso

    ReplyDelete