1/24/14

Mustard, green and an evil ice hill.

Blouse: Kohls, Cardigan: Target (love this one), Green Skinnies: c/o Liverpool Jeans (similar), Bag: Kate Spade (similar), Boots: Really old (Similar), Watch: Michael Kors

I've had these boots for quite a few years and I bought them back before over-the-knee boots were popular.  I think I wore them once and just wasn't into them.  They don't even hit above my knee (since I'm so tall) and they aren't tight enough around my calves, so they always slouch down.  However, I'm kind of glad I kept them in my closet, because I'd been wanting a pair of grey boots for a while and these will do for now...until I can find some that I love.

Do you have anything in your closet that you've hung onto for years, because you think you might wear it in the future?  I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder, but I do have a hard time getting rid of things that I think might be useful again someday...ok, maybe I have slight hoarding tendencies.  



If your wondering why my face looks pained in some of these pictures, it's because...well...I WAS in pain.  I was walking down a hill, trying to find a good photo location, when I slipped on some ice and fell down. This caused me to smack my hand against the rock-hard ice and cut it open in a few places.  I then proceeded to slide all the way down the evil ice hill, unable to stop myself.  At this point I have a bloody hand, a wet butt and a bad attitude.  But, guess what?  I was NOT going to let that stop me from getting my outfit pictures, dang it!

Sweater: The Children's Place, Jeans: Target (stains not included), Shoes: Nike

And if your wondering what is usually going on in the background, while I'm having pictures taken, the picture above pretty much sums it up.

11 comments:

  1. What a blogger won't go through for blog photos! Oh the humanity!

    Seriously though, that does not look fun. Hence why I'm not taking any photos outside until this weather smartens up and I can avoid risk of bodily injury or freezing off any important limbs.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably a good idea! I need to find a good spot for indoor outfit photos!

      Delete
  2. love your colour combo! hope your hand is better! :) xx
    Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alice! It's starting to heal pretty well, but it still hurts :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't look like your in pain!!! You look lovely!!! Those pants are amazing, I love the color selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm sad you cut your hand! Hope it heals quickly for you!

    I like the yellow and green together in your outfit - and it's great you can wear your boots again! I'm always holding onto clothes and things "just in case", I need to be tougher with getting rid of things I don't use often.

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove your outfit! Yellow and green go so good together! I hope your hand is doing better :)

    xo,
    Heather

    http://reverieno17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awh I hope you feel better ;) Cute outfit

    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/01/finding-your-style-introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty outfit! Love the pants and boots!
    xoxo
    Kendra
    http://fashionstylingbykendra.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no!!!! I'm glad you're okay! I once fell down while taking pictures, and...my lovely timed camera got it. LOL It was soooo, soooo bad! I felt like I should have included it in the blog post, but I chickened out.

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete