5/10/13

Home.

Tee: c/o The Home. T, Flannel: Target (similar), Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: Bass (similar), Bracelet: c/o HelloFab

Although I've lived in Utah for about 8 years, I still consider Oregon my home.  I was born and raised in the 'beaver state'.  All of my childhood memories involve this beautiful, green location in the Pacific Northwest.  Some people say it's too rainy (it definitely does rain a lot), but the rain is what makes it such a gorgeous place!  And I can handle the rain most of the year, because nothing beats an Oregon summer.  Plus, I love the outdoors and it's the perfect location for hiking, camping, fishing, going to the beach and even skiing (Sure...the snow can't compare to Utah, but Mt. Hood has a ski resort that's actually open year round)! 

I loved living in Oregon, but after attending community college I decided it was time for something new...so I made the trek to Utah and enrolled at Utah State University.  I had no real intentions of staying, but then life happened.  I got married, had kids, got a job...and for now Utah is where we reside, but I do hope to one day get back to the city I love: Portland, Oregon. 

I can't even tell you how excited I was when I found out about The Home. T!  It's the perfect piece of clothing that helps me to show love for my home state and it makes me so happy when I'm wearing it.  Honestly, I've probably been wearing this shirt more often than I should, but I just can't help it...I like to show off my Oregon pride! The fact that it's the most comfortable t-shirt I own also helps AND I love that a portion of the profits are donated to multiple sclerosis research! I'm fairly certain they have a shirt for every state and even a couple countries.  I definitely recommend getting one of these, especially if your true "home" is somewhere else (like mine is).  If you start to feel homesick, you can just throw on this t-shirt and it will make you feel a little bit better!

23 comments:

  1. Love it! I've been dying for a Missouri one. I guess I should just order one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!!! You look gorgeous! Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LOVE the shirt!!! I need a New Jersey one... They're fabulous and a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! I'm actually thinking this would be a good gift for a friend who REALLY wants to live in Montana!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I super love your shirt, the material does look so soft and comfy! I lived in Portland for a year and a half. Totally love it and keeping in touch with all my friends there. I havent been back to visit since 2010 which makes me really sad. Idk why flights from SLC are so expensive! Flying from Sacramento to Portland was such a good price. Or was from 2005-2007. I managed to go a few times when I lived in AZ. Sigh. I love this post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this shirt! I looked up their website and saw they have OH-IO!! Woop Woop! I think i'm going to have to order one! Great find!

    Melissa
    inherbootsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!! Of course I'm partial to Oregon.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea you were from Oregon! I'm from Newberg! I love this shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the t-shirt. Great casual look.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see everyone has been getting a Home tee. It's cute. I'm from NJ and I've been in California for 8 years. I wouldn't say I miss my home state but having a tee would be nice. :-)

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE! It's going on my birthday list. Two years ago, my husband and I have found our home in Portland, Oregon -- it's a place we finally FEEL at home even though we both grew up in Texas (but were born in other places). There's something about this place that we can see ourselves at every life stage together. And we bought our first home this past Thanksgiving, so we definitely aim to stay!

    Jen @ Librarian for Life & Style

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute top! :) I've never been to Utah or Oregon,but they both seem like very beautiful states!

    ~Kelly
    www.leafynotbeefy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought the FL shirt for myself last month, but I wasn't expecting it to be so big! So I just saved it for my boyfriend for his birthday (this coming Saturday). Wasn't a waste of money after all. I do plan on getting a small for myself, because a) I think these shirts are great graphic tees, b) I like representing where I'm from, and c) I am happy to give to a good cause.

    Love how you styled the shirt, by the way. The flannel and the boots, just perfect. Perfect laid-back, easy-going, yet still pulled together look.

    xo,
    -Nathy
    Earnestyle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This shirt is awesome! I need to get it for good ole' Idahao!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I miss my Oregon and my Portland :) I need this T-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your shirt! Love this casual look! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute tee! Would be awesome to rep my home NY state!

    ReplyDelete