10/31/13

Happy Halloween!


It's finally here...my favorite day of the year!  I can't wait to go trick-or-treating with my kids tonight, then eat some treats and watch a couple scary movies (once the kids are in bed, of course)!  I shared my family's past Halloween costumes in yesterday's blog post and today I'm so excited to show you these pictures of our BATMAN costumes this year...we decided to dress up as Batman, Robin, Poison Ivy and Bane!  The photos were taken by the insanely talented Alex Wright Photography and I couldn't be happier with they way they turned out.  She was able to find the perfect location for our photo shoot: an empty parking garage in downtown Provo!  

Alex was surprisingly able to get my little ones to listen to her the whole time and even though we felt somewhat awkward posing in our costumes, she made us feel really comfortable and we had a great time!  If you are in Utah I highly recommend contacting Alex for any photos you need taken.  She has great prices for family sessions, senior pictures, engagement/wedding photography and more!  You can find more information on her website and make sure you like her Facebook page to see more of her amazing work.  Seriously, this lady is crazy talented...but enough of my rambling, here are the costumes:


Fun, right?  I made all of the costumes myself, with the exception of Robin.  I don't really know how to sew, so hot glue and fabric adhesive became my new best friends.  Attaching the leaves to my costume was definitely the most time-consuming. Although it took forever, it's just so much fun trying to be creative and come up with costumes from scratch!  

I hope you all have a safe and happy Halloween!

10 comments:

  1. Awesome costumes! You did a really great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE these! Such a cute family idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Homemade? I am even more impressed than I was already.

    Cute family for sure. Fun, too!

    Have a great Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great costumes!! Enjoy your Halloween!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.cm

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness. these are AMAZING and your kids are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwwww adorable family....wonderful costumes (esp. yours!!)

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are amazing costumes!!!!! You guys look fabulous!!!!!


    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the leaves? Is it two pieces? Love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got the leaves at a craft store, either Michaels or Hobby Lobby! And yes, it's two pieces. But it could also be done as one piece, with just a leotard or body shaper...but I'm way too self-conscious for that!

      Delete