10/30/13

Family Halloween Costumes


Today I have something to admit to the world: we are that cheesy family who dresses up together for Halloween.  Halloween has been my favorite holiday for as long as I can remember (ok, it's possibly tied with Christmas). Having kids has been the best thing ever, because it actually gives me an excuse to put on a costume and go trick-or-treating!

It all started back in 2009 when we I decided our family would dress up as The Flintstones:


The next year we went as characters from Toy Story:


Then we were a Little Mermaid family:


And last year we went as the Avengers:


Tomorrow will be our 5th year dressing up as a family and I can't wait to share our costumes with you all! We had a little photo shoot with the incredibly talented Alex Wright Photography and the pictures turned out amazing...so please come back tomorrow to check them out!

Do you still dress up for Halloween?

13 comments:

  1. oh man your kids were so little!!! that's so fun that you all dress up together, I hope we can be that family too!! ;) PS I'm very impressed by your Ursula outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Ursula outfit took soooooo long to make! It didn't help that I don't know how to sew, haha.

      Delete
  2. I love this, so much! My sister and her family always dress up together, too! Such a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gentri! That's awesome that your sister's family does that too! It probably seems cheesy to a lot of people, but we have fun :)

      Delete
  3. all of those costumes are adorable. :) I love how the whole family dressed up as a theme : )

    come check out my latest post,
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/10/smore-bars.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! I'm sure the kids will get sick of it eventually, but for now it's fun!

      Delete
  4. We don't have a party to go to this year so no dressing up but I can't wait to see what you and your family will be this year. So much fun!

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to at least put on a witch hat or something for the trick-or-treaters ;)

      Delete
  5. This is so much fun! We dress up as a family too. Last year, my son was a SWAT team member and my hubby and I were prisoners. This year we will be all dressed up as army men. Can't wait to see your costumes for this year!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so fun! I love the army men idea :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, such cute family costumes! It's so nice you all get dressed up together! :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to this year's ensembles! My favorite here... The Flintstones. Maybe it is because I loved that show so much as a kid?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun family costumes, I love it. For a while I've been wanting to dress my family as Timmy Turner(my son) and the fairly odd parents(hubby and I), maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete