10/12/13

Colored Leather

Faux Leather Jacket: c/o Lulu's, Shirt: DownEast, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: Kohls, Bag: Kate Spade, Necklace: c/o Wild Butterfly Boutique, Bracelet: c/o Sira Mara, Hair Feather: c/o Fine Featherheads

Leather is definitely my most favorite trend this Fall and I love that there are so many different ways to wear it!  I'm going to share a few different ways to wear this fabulous trend over the next week and today I'm starting with colorful leather!  This fabric is not only available in black and brown anymore...I have seen so many fun colors of leather pop up lately and I love it!  Isn't this teal jacket from Lulu's amazing?  My husband told me it looked like it was from the 80s, but once I paired it with an all black wardrobe he actually liked it!  I think the key to wearing colored leather is to keep the rest of the outfit simple.  What do you think?

Our little family went to check out Witchfest at Gardner Village and it was so cute!  They have a bunch of fun little shops and restaurants, but the best part was all the full size witches they had scattered around the property.  The kids loved it and I'm so glad we went...I absolutely LOVE Halloween!!


Have a great weekend everyone!

19 comments:

  1. Cute place! Love your outfit, keeping the rest of your outfit all black really makes the jacket the center of attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your jacket and your entire outfit. Your hair is beautiful. Do you color it? If so, what color do you use ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do color it! I get the dye and developer at Sally Beauty Supply and the color is Loreal HiColor HiLights in Red :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I wondered if it was loreal hicolor. I think I am going to have to use that for my brown hair.

      Delete
    3. I only use 20 developer, even though it says to use 30. I want to damage my hair as little as possible!

      Delete
    4. I don't know if you will see this since this post was a while back, but when you first colored your hair red, was your already colored-treated? My hair is currently colored brown and I have been told that I have to do a bleach shampoo cap first because color won't lift color. However, I keep reading about this L'Oreal Hi Color and it seems like it works without having to bleach out the color already in the hair.

      Delete
    5. I don't even remember the last time my hair DIDN'T have color in it, haha! Mine was also dyed brown before I went red (you can see the old color here: http://www.planepretty.com/2013/04/lace-bows-and-giveaway-from-mikarose.html). I'm guessing it would work for your hair too, but obviously I can't guarantee anything! You should probably use the 30 developer though, cause it will lift the brown color better :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun day. That jacket is gorgeous. I bought one in a blue this year too and love it.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely bright jacket! I have a bright cobalt blue one that got a lot of wear in the cooler weather, it is a nice pick-me-up on cold days :)


    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love these pictures!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the decorations, so fun! Your leather jacket is definitely chic and daring, the color looks amazing against your complexion! Great outfit <3

    Yolennie
    www.lavenderfedora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww you're kids are adorable! Looks like you had fun! Great outfit with the coloured jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an amazing color! Now I NEED one of course :-)

    Looks like a fun day.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really want a colored leather jacket now! you look fab!!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such a babe Jenny! Love this outfit and that jacket is to die for.

    xx
    Cecilia
    Dearest Lou

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're making me regret not buying the Michael Kors burgundy leather jacket when I was in Seattle! Love the bright leather jacket!

    Arielle from Tangled Musings

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your jacket´s fabulous, I love teal and your kids are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete