10/4/13

The end of my favorite show: Breaking Bad


Last week was the series finale of my favorite show: Breaking Bad.  For those of you who haven't watched it...you should probably start. It tells the story of a high school chemistry teacher, Walter White, who is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer and needs to find a way to provide for his family.  He teams up with one of his former students, Jesse Pinkman, to create and sell the purest crystal meth on the market.  

Breaking Bad is filled with great character development, an intricate storyline and amazing acting.  However, I think what really made the show incredible was that it's something that could actually happen in today's society. Walt was just a normal guy, living with his family in a suburban Albuquerque neighborhood.  Once he was placed under dire circumstances, Walt was willing to do whatever it took to ensure financial stability for his wife and children...even if it was illegal.  I think there are quite a few people that might make similar decisions if put in the same situation.  But Walt takes things too far.  He gets too involved.  Throughout the show, you watch as Walt's life goes on a downward spiral and he gradually loses his morality. 

I decided that I needed to have a little party to celebrate the series finale.  We watched the final episode while eating some Breaking Bad themed food and it was a great night! 


I'm sad that it's over, but I did like the ending (I won't say anything about it, in case some of you plan on watching it).  Sunday nights just aren't going to be the same.

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE your idea for the cupcakes. We did a finale party, too, and we did a lot of the same things...the only differences were that we had Blue Sky Cake for dessert and, being in ABQ, we were able to get a Venezia's "Roof Pizza" to go with our Los Pollos Hermanos. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahah "roof pizza" - I love it!

      Delete
    2. That's so awesome, I'm jealous you had the actual pizza at your party! I thought about throwing a cheap pizza up on my roof for fun, but ran out of time :)

      Delete
  2. What cool food!

    I too am going to miss that show. It was a great ride though. Really great.

    bisous
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to catch up... I'm only a few episodes from the ending... I think I'm purposely not watching because I don't want it to end... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way...I thought about waiting a while to watch it, but there was no way my husband would wait, haha.

      Delete
  4. Sunday nights just aren't going to be the same.
    I absolutely agree with you.
    forza Heisenberg :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Luckily I will have Walking Dead back soon, haha. AMC has the best shows!

      Delete
  5. Ohmygoodness love your BB themed little party, and your nails! I had become a major BB fan and loved the finale too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The finale was really great, but I just wish I had more episodes to watch!

      Delete
  6. Awesome! Great minds think alike...I had a Breaking Bad party myself! Absolutely LOVE how you painted your nails....so creative!!
    http://www.bohobunnie.com/breaking-bad-finale-party/
    xo
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your party looks like it was a blast!!

      Delete
  7. As much as I love your blog, I purposely scrolled right over that post. I have not seen a single episode yet, as it did not play over here in the UK, and I plan on ordering it up from LoveFilm (same as netflix). Can't wait.
    Kristin@ Highland Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't blame you for skipping over the post then! You definitely need to watch it from the beginning, it's such a good story!!

      Delete
  8. I love it! I am still going thru BREAKING BAD WITHDRAWAL!! I wish the show wasn't over. I don't know what to do with myself :-(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your party looks so cute! Love all the details you put in it! I just started Breaking Bad on Netflix last night...it took a lot of restraint to only watch one episode! I'm hooked!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blogs and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining part I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time.

    ReplyDelete