8/22/13

Transitioning into Fall


Top: c/o Wallis, Cardigan: Kohls, Coated Jeans: Rock & Republic, Bag: Kate Spade, Boots: old (similar), Watch: Michael Kors, Belt: Target

Autumn is easily my favorite season.  When I was asked by Wallis to style this green top for both Summer and Fall, as part of their blogger contest, I was thrilled!  If you didn't already see how I styled the shirt for Summer, you can view that here.  I've had my Fall outfit planned out for a while now, so yesterday I was excited to get dressed and head outside to take pictures...but GOOD GRIEF, it was HOT outside! So, in all reality, this outfit only stayed on for about an hour.  But, I'll definitely be repeating this combination once the weather cools down!

I love how versatile the green Wallis top is.  It can be worn by itself over a pair of jeans, shorts, or a skirt in the Summer.  For Fall, all you have to do is throw on another layer for extra warmth!  I chose to add this purple cardigan, mostly because I love both of these colors with my red hair.  The shirt would also look great with a blazer or leather jacket on top!  Then, I put on a pair of ankle boots (a MUST HAVE for Fall, in my opinion) and a fun leopard print belt.

I would love if you would take a moment and vote for me to win a trip to New York Fashion Week with Wallis.  I have been so amazed by all the support I have received so far and I'm so happy to still be in the top 5!  As a reminder, if I win the contest I will be donating 5 cents to Cancer Research for EVERY VOTE I receive from 8/18-8/26.  You can read more about why I made the decision to do so in this post.  Please help me out by voting and hopefully you will also be helping to make a difference at the same time!  I will be donating either way, but I want to make the donation as big as possible (If you'd like to make a monetary contribution to go toward my donation just e-mail me). I really want to use this opportunity to help others, because I feel so lucky to be a part of this competition and I would feel so blessed to be able to experience Fashion Week in NYC.  You can vote ONCE AN HOUR through August 26th.  I appreciate all of you so very much!  

P.S. I finally learned how to do a fishtail braid! This is my first try, so it isn't amazing, but I kind of like the messy look of it!


Linking up to: Passion for Fashion

26 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love this look. The little touch of leopard really makes this look pop. I also loe the purple and leopard together.

    Chimere Nicole
    Http://www.glam4glam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Purple and leopard are two of my favorite things :)

      Delete
  2. I love the cardigan more than anything but what a cute outfit for fall!

    xo,
    Ana Paula
    {Visit me at Mommyhood, PhD}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm slightly obsessed with cardigans, haha. This one is so comfy and such a great purple color!

      Delete
  3. The colours in this outfit are so beautiful, Jenny! And you have such a stunning smile!
    I think your fishtail braid looks great, too :)
    -Carley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carley! I need to start learning more braids and hairstyles!

      Delete
  4. my favorite post from you EVER. the outfit, the hair, the makeup!! you look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks so much Sasha! I think it might be my favorite too :)

      Delete
  5. Wow nice jeans and bag!
    http://tuttiigiornidelconsiglidiunadonna.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That purple cardi is such a nice colour :)


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair like this!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! I think I will have to do it again soon!

      Delete
  8. Very cute!!

    ~Sarah
    cutecombinations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a perfect fall outfit! I would have never thought of pairing mossy green with fuschia or leopard, but it looks awesomely pulled-together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was actually really surprised too! I was just looking through my closet and I loved the way the colors looked next to each other!

      Delete
  10. Wow that's the best transition version I saw around....love the purple & the leop print & those boots sealed the deal!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the top... and the cardigan... and coated jeans! I need a new pair! Last fall I was pregnant so my favorite pair aren't really an option any more. I've got to get on that... Anyway, you look gorgeous as always! PS... have I told you that your new, but not really new, hair color is fabulous?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenny this look is absolutely amazing! This is exactly where i see my style headed this autumn, i just bought a pair of coated jeans and have pinned you as inpiration! you look gorgeous lady! Thanks for joining in last weeks passion for fashion, hope you'll join us again today! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your style, I think you look amazing! That cardigan is so cute and I love the little bit of leopard print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I need a Kate Spade wallet now...just have to wait for a good sale. That's sad to hear about the phone cases, but thanks for letting me know, cause I had thought about getting one!

      Delete
  15. PS I cannot love Kate Spade bags more!! My wallet is very similar to the bag you're holding. I used to use Kate Spade iPhone cases too but the quality just wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete