8/15/13

Denim and Stripes

Jeans: c/o Rose Royce, Striped Top: Kohls (similar), White Tee: Down East Basics, Bag: Kate Spade New York (similar), Shoes: Prabal Gurung for Target (similar), sunglasses: old, Bracelets: Kohls, Necklace: Moorea Seal

So, I have to admit something...I have developed an obsession with handbags.  This is pretty weird to me, because I never used to care about purses at all.  I guess as I've gotten older and had kids, I actually have a need to carry more stuff around with me.  Whatever the reason, I love them and I think this could turn into a problem.  I just got this cute Kate Spade bag as an anniversary present from Emery!  It was too good of a deal to pass up and I think it is just perfect! 

In other news, I'm participating in another contest with Rose Royce denim (yes, two contests at the same time...whoops! You can vote for me in the Wallis contest HERE.).  They sent me two pairs of jeans to style and this is the first look I put together.  There is a lot of detail on this pair, so I didn't want to mix them with anything too flashy.  Since I'm still really loving the black/white trend, I decided to pair the jeans with my striped shirt and throw in a pop of neon with the shoes!  Part of me really loves this outfit, but part of me feels like I belong on the Jersey Shore...maybe it's the white sunglasses (I could totally see Pauly D wearing them, haha).  What do you think?

Rose Royce denim is available at www.gettheloox.com.  If you think I should be their official Blogger Ambassador, you can vote for me on the Rose Royce Facebook Page through August 31st!

Aaaaaaaaaand...


This is what I have to deal with when I'm taking outfit pictures.  They like to mock me, but I still love them.

20 comments:

  1. haha, love the family picture!!!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to the pop of neon! ;) And your purse is beautiful, your man has good taste! I also have a soft spot for purses but have been really good lately about channelling those shopping urges into pinterest/polyvore fake shopping instead haha.
    www.the-lifestyle-project.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am usually pretty good about resisting the urge...but lately I just can't help it!

      Delete
  3. Aww your family is too cute! They may mock, but it's awesome that they sit there enduring the photo shoot, my BF tries to make it go as fast as possible!

    Loving that striped shirt, perfect amount of sheer. I rarely see flared jeans anymore, it's nice and refreshing and the pop of neon is great!

    Kamola
    99 Boxes of Shoes on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I miss bootcut and flare jeans...everyone only wears skinnies now!

      Delete
  4. Love that striped top! Perfect with those jeans! Looks fab!
    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the handbag dark side! I'm heading over to vote for you right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't think there is any going back now! And thanks so much Shannon, you are the best!!

      Delete
  6. They're mocking you but your girly is picking up some poses from her momma! ;)

    I love your striped shirt, it's very cute! :)

    xo,
    Ana Paula
    {Visit me at Mommyhood, PhD}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those jeans look good on you but they're kind of tacky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely more embellished than I am used to, but they are great jeans for anyone who is into that look :)

      Delete
  8. They are nice jeans, I like the detail! :) And I know what you mean about handbags - I know have a full blown handbag obsession! haha.


    Good luck with the competition!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable family....& you are looking so sharp & pretty in your RR jeans!! So happy to be competing with you!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha the last photo of emery and the kids are PRICELESS!!

    and i take partial responsibility for your new purse addiction. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, because I place partial blame on you for my addiction :)

      Delete
  11. so glad your purse came in!!!! wahoo! and happy anniversary! Wahoo! love the picture of the fam! so cute!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So good having lunch with you today!

      Delete
  12. Just the cutest fam photo! But I love your Kate Spade purse and your outfit! Xx

    Karen, sincerelykn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete