8/9/13

The Look for Less

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time spending a small fortune on an outfit.  However, when I'm out shopping or just browsing the internet, I've noticed that I have developed somewhat expensive taste.   My love for high end items, combined with a small clothing budget, has given me quite the dilemma.  So...I decided to start finding outfits that are out of my price range and attempt to find similar items that are more within reach.  I figure these "Looks for Less" might be helpful for those of you who, like myself, seem to have caviar taste on a tuna fish budget!

First up is this chambray and leather combo, put together by the incredibly stylish Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook.  While I love this look, the price tag kind of blows my mind.  I'm not saying that if I was wealthy I wouldn't indulge in these fantastic pieces (especially that gorgeous 3.1 Phillip Lim bag), but right now that is simply not an option.

Here's a break down of Wendy's outfit-

Burberry Leather Jacket: $2595 (original price)
Piper Gore Chambray Dress: $145
Total= $4,783


Now here are my less expensive picks to recreate this great look-

Total= $353

15 comments:

  1. hahahaha, I have a tuna fish taste on a goldfish cracker budget.

    I am going to re-create this look on a thrift-shop purchase based budget. Actually, I already have these items to re-create this look for under $50, for SURE!

    Are we on? May I link to this post to compare when I have my post up? It could be up next week on Thursday. Okay, Jenny? Are we on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I would LOVE that! In all honestly, I would still have a hard time spending $350 on an outfit. But the jacket is something I would wear ALL the time...there are a few items I can justify spending a little more on. And unfortunately I NEVER have good luck thrifting. I can't wait to see your post!

      Delete
    2. I'll do it! But not for a few weeks. I have a few more on my agenda first. So watch for it at the end of August into September. Great, I am excited!

      Delete
  2. I love that jacket and I love posts like these!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad, cause they are so much fun to put together!

      Delete
  3. You did an amazing job finding really similar pieces for way less expensive! I'm dying for that jacket.
    http://janelleinreallife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow great job putting together a look that is so similar to Wendy's! I have also been drooling over her 3.1 Philip Lim bag - esp with all the mixed textures!! Can we hit the lottery soon??

    Kamola
    99 Boxes of Shoes on the Wall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually about to order your mirrored version of Wendy's bag... added to shopping cart... just gotta go grab the credit card!!

      Delete
    2. I was pretty excited when I found that one at Nordstrom...it looks like great quality for the price! And yes, I definitely wouldn't mind winning the lottery :)

      Delete
  5. Love the chambray and leather combination! Such great finds!
    Love your blog :)

    The Style Storm
    xo, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look and I'm thrilled you found "real life" options. Great blog!
    Meg
    PolkaDots & Lace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look, black and jeans - perfect!
    The shoes are.. WOW!!!

    Dana, Germany
    http://danalovesfashionandmusic.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this look! Wendy definitely has an expensive (and she can afford it) but I can't! The leather jacket gives this outfit just the right edge

    happymedley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete