4/13/12

Favorite Layovers: Eugene, Oregon



My last trip for work reminded me of two things:

1. How much I love to go for a nice bike ride.
2. How much I love Oregon. (Ok, maybe I never forgot this one)

Growing up in Portland gave me a love for all things nature and the outdoors.  The Pacific Northwest is such a beautiful place.  Yes, it does rain a decent amount...but that is why it is so green and lovely! Late Spring, Summer and early Fall are the best times to be in Oregon.  The sun is shining, the temperatures are comfortable and the scenery can't be beat! 

I had the opportunity to overnight in Eugene, Oregon and I had all morning to do whatever my little heart desired.  Our hotel had bikes that you could check out for no charge, so I went for a bike ride!  I had totally forgotten how much fun riding a bike is...you don't even realize you are getting exercise!  I rode along the Willamette River and even came across some geese that were blocking the path (they were nice enough to let me take their picture).  There were so many pretty tree blossoms and flowers in bloom, I love Spring!

The other great thing about staying in Eugene for work is the breakfast at the hotel.  The omelet, potatoes and pancakes I had were amazing!

Have you ever been to Oregon?  It's my favorite (but I am pretty biased).

Linking to: Inspiration Friday, Friday Favorites, Fab Friends, Anything Goes, Joy in the Jumble, Free For All Friday, Freestyle Friday, Once Upon A Weekend, Flaunt it Friday, Spread the Love, Heavenly Blossoms
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I have to agree I went to college there its one of my favorite places to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through heavenly blossoms! I am so excited to find you guys!!! Yay!!! There is a NEED for this type of fashionable encouragement!!! Love it girls!!! Oh and I just want you to know your breakfast in this post looks DIVINE! YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Oregon, but I've developed a serious travel itch lately and now that my husband and I live in California, I'm dying to take a long roadtrip up the coast sometime. Oregon would definitely be on my list. Sounds beautiful and relaxing :)

    Andrea
    Left brain, right brain, pug brain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great post!! I have always wanted to visit the Pacific Northwest! with a slight fantasy to move out there! It just seems like such a beautiful place!

    Thanks for sharing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! I just pinned them. Thanks so mush for joining Pomp Party last week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Oregon is beautiful! I am not too far away from Eugene. (Go DUCKS!) LoL, sorry couldn't help myself!

    ~Robyn

    ReplyDelete