4/29/12

Add a Little Texture


Cardigan: My Mom's Closet, Shirt: My Mom's Closet, Jeans: Karma Boutique, Sandals: Wal-Mart, Purse: The Sak
If you don't like to wear a lot of patterns, an easy way to make your outfit more interesting is to add some texture!  I like to include some ruffles, like here on my green cardi, mixed with another texture, such as the interesting detail on the shirt underneath.  Some other textures you could try are lace, silk, leather or tweed...the possibilities are endless!

What are your favorite textures to mix in your outfits?
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. I really like this cardi! Great color and great ruffles! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit! the green and yellow is one of my favorite color combos right now. thanks for linking to g*rated!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cardigan! My daughter has one almost identical from Old Navy, and I was secretly wishing it came in my size... apparently it does! :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow and green! What a lovely outfit. :)

    I would love for you to come by and share on my weekly Pinteresting Party: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/04/pinteresting-party-wek-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for your sweet comment :)
    I love the cardigan! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to meet you too! Love your style, and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love me some ruffles! Love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adding texture is a great tip! And the mix of green and yellow looks so pretty!

    Thanks for sharing at Beautify It Monday! We hope you'll be back again next week!

    -Four Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving your posts! So glad to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cardigan! Found you on Bringing Beauty party!

    Amber
    recipeswelove.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this look! Texture is one of my favorite things to put into an outfit. So cute!
    Creamy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! That's something I need to try. I love that sweater.

    ReplyDelete