2/25/12

Scarves and Sock Buns

I have developed a love for scarves.  The only scarves I used to buy were the thick winter styles, but luckily Catherine introduced me to these wonderful decorative accessories!  A scarf can really add some pizazz to an outfit, especially fun patterned ones.  I recently made another scarf purchase and this one has a cute print with trees and animals.  I threw on an aqua blue shirt that matched, as well as a pair of bootcut jeans...easy peasy lemon squeezy!  It got really windy today, so I had to throw on a jacket too. 

I also tried a "sock bun" for the first time.  I had seen it on Pinterest, so I went to the YouTube page where the tutorial video is posted by Loepsie and followed the instructions.  It was pretty easy to do and it really makes the bun look more full!


Scarf: Soel Boutique, Shirt: not sure, Jeans: DownEast, Jacket: Old Navy (Similar), 
Earrings: Made Myself

Linking up to: G*Rated Sunday Best
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I like the mintish teal color :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your scarf. I have a ton and they really do add some zing to styling outfits. Great bun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been obsessed with scarves for years, they're such an easy and pretty way to take an outfit to a new level. Yours is just lovely, the spring pastel colours are so pretty. And your sock bun turned out beautifully!
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! I love the scarf, it goes beautifully with the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that shirt is such a pretty color and i love that jacket! thanks for linking up. :)
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your hair! sooo pretty, and i do love a good mac, so versatile!

    ReplyDelete