2/10/12

Red Dress Fashion Show!


Sorry for the lack of posts this week, but Catherine and I were in New York City at Fashion Week! We had the opportunity to go to The Heart Truth's Red Dress Fashion Show, because I won a contest from Diet Coke.

Neither of us had been to New York before, so we did a lot of sight-seeing. We went to the 9/11 memorial, took the Staten Island Ferry (which is free and passes right by the Statue of Liberty), visited Central Park, looked around Grand Central Station, checked out the Empire State Building, walked around Times Square, ate some great food, and of course attended the fashion show!

My favorite part of the trip was getting to meet Minka Kelly, an actress from my favorite show ever, "Friday Night Lights"! It was truly an amazing experience and I can't wait to share pictures, but it will take a day or two before I can get them from Catherine's camera.  By the way, I love the dress I wore and I found it at DownEast Basics.

Linking up to:





Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I am sooooo jealous!

    run-style-run.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so lucky! And your dress is so fantastic.

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this blog and your standards and style!!
    Found you through Linky Followers!
    Hope you will follow me, too :)
    Make it a great day!
    http://whatmeeganmakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. This picture is very lovely. Sounds like you ladies had a great night! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog btw (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, what a fabulous prize to have won, and what an experience!!

    Just discovered your blog through one of the blog hops! And I'm loving it! I'll be popping back

    :) Hazel
    www.hazellovesdesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following via google + and GFC!! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow,..lucky lucky you... plus you both look fabulous!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found you through blogaholics. I'm your newest follower. Stop by www.thenyelrosefamily.blogspot.com and check me out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Blog! We'll be following... :)
    (We found you on the blog hop.) Kim
    http://freefamilyfunactivities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you in Smile With Me Saturday! New GFC Follower, Hope you will follow me back and check out my giveaways!

    http://giveawayhog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, how awesome is that!!!!!! I can't imagine actually winning that kind of contest! fun to "know" someone who has =)

    ReplyDelete