2/12/12

New York City, Part I

We had such a great time in NYC, but there are so many pictures...I am going to split them up into a couple parts.  This was the first day in New York (on the plane, at the 9/11 memorial, on the Staten Island Ferry, and eating some authentic NY pizza):
On our way!
The 9/11 Memorial was so amazing, they had two giant fountain pools with names engraved all along the edges. Pictures can't even show the true beauty or size of this memorial.
I promise I am not looking at myself in the mirror, this is going to be the new 9/11 Museum, but it isn't open yet.
This was the view from the Staten Island Ferry. It was sooo freezing cold!
I stole Catherine's scarf (but I made it, so I figured it was ok).
If you look really hard you can see the Statue of Liberty behind us!
Unfortunately, this is how I felt about Staten Island...sorry if I offend anyone, but our plan was to get off the ferry and find food.  We changed our mind cause the area looked kinda sketchy and these Utah girls couldn't handle it!
Catherine in front of the ferry terminal.
Amazing New York pizza from Pizza Suprema, close to Penn Station.
Catherine was excited to dig in!
I really am not as crazy as I look...

More pictures coming soon!

Linking to: Two Thirty Five Designs , Sassy Sites , Blissful and Domestic , Serendipity and SpiceFamily Ever After
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. New York, New York! What a wonderful place, and it looks like you both had a fantastic time!

    Love the pics - make me want to go back there soon. I'll check back for the next instalment :-)

    Lien.

    ReplyDelete