12/12/13

Chocolate Peppermint Cupcake Recipe


If you follow me on Instagram you may already know about these delicious cupcakes I made, but I wanted to share the recipe in case any of you wanted to try it out!  These chocolate peppermint cupcakes make the perfect holiday treat!

For the Cake:

1 box chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker "chocolate fudge")
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
cupcake liners

For the Buttercream Frosting:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 tbsp milk
4 cups powdered sugar


Mix cake ingredients according to directions on box.  Spoon batter into cupcake liners, making them each 2/3 full.  Bake for  18-22 minutes.  Let cool.

Cream together the butter and shortening, then blend in the peppermint extract.  Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time.  Beat in the milk, until you get a light and fluffy consistency. 

Pipe frosting onto the cupcakes, sprinkle with crushed candy canes and enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. These cupcakes look amazing, I am going to have to try them!! I am actually hosting a holiday recipe link-up and this would be PERFECT to link-up! If you'd like to do so you can here: http://www.afternoonstyle.com/2013/12/white-chocolate-peppermint-bark-holiday.html

    Thanks for sharing!

    xo jessica
    www.afternoonstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, that looks incredible :)

    I hope you can stop by, and return the favor.
    http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2013/12/baby-its-cold-outside.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look soooo good! I always struggle with making my own frosting but I've never seen your recipe before so maybe I'll give it a try :) thanks! x

    Karen, sincerelykn.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, try it! Just substitute the peppermint for vanilla to make regular buttercream. It's so good!

      Delete
  4. Since you ended up posting the recipe, I linked this post in mine. Hopefully some people come over and get it because it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh…these look so yummy!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    P.S. I am hosting a Kensie giveaway, I hope you stop by and enter.

    ReplyDelete