9/16/12

Sunday Style: Mustard & Black



Dress: c/o Sugarlips, Skirt: c/o Kosher Casual, Belt: Kohls (similar), Shoes: Sears
Hey everyone, sorry I am so late getting Sunday Style ready today.  I have been so busy recently and my husband has been working 14 hours a day, every single day, preparing to open up a new store (he works in retail management).  It's been hard, but there is only about a week left of the craziness and life should calm back down...a little bit.

Today I am wearing a cute yellow dress from Sugarlips.  Once again, the problem I was faced with was the length of the dress.  I had to lengthen it somehow, so there were two options that came to mind: leggings or a slip/skirt.  The black slip extender I had didn't look right, so I tried out this black skirt from Kosher Casual and it worked perfectly!  It kind of gives the dress a "colorblock" look.  Oh, and you see those shoes...I found them on clearance for $7 at Sears (they have a couple sizes left for $12 online).  How could I pass up $7 shoes?  Especially when they are basic black pumps that I can wear with almost everything!

So, what are YOU wearing today?  Have you worn any cute dressy outfits recently?  If so, I would love for you to add your link to Sunday Style! The rules are simple:

1. Link up to a specific outfit post, not your main blog page.
2. Grab a button and add it to your post (a text link is also fine).
3. Comment on this post and at least one other post...the whole point is to visit each other!
MODERN MODEST BEAUTY



36 comments:

  1. Very cute! Those shoes are amazing and what a bargain!! I'm also rocking mustard in my blog post today! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colour blocking! mustard looks really great with black! i usually pair it up with brown or denim.

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look is amazing! Mustard is a great color on you and how you added to the length is brilliant. Great deal on the shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ADORABLE! as always :) love your style!

    http://braceface87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress! Leggings would also be cute for a more casual fall outfit. And that is an awesome deal you got on your shoes! I am always looking for those perfect basics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jenny! You look great in mustard yellow! Love how you paired it with a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the flowy top with the flowy skirt. You fixed the too short problem perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That yellow dress is perfection, and the colour is divine! So enjoying these weekly link ups!!!!!

    Silver from A Silver Snapshot
    http://starthinker-silverbarter.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is my favorite part of your blog! i've already linked and commented on other blogs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit! I was wearing a t-shirt that was the exact same color today too. RoRos World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit. I didn't even notice the black wasn't part of the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Link-up Day! ;) Love how you creatively modified that dress. So cute.
    ~Amanda
    LittleMissFearless.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look! I have never thought of making a dress longer by adding a skirt! I'm totally going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a stunning dress! One of my favorite colors:)
    Have a beautiful week ahead!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look amazing in mustard, Jenny! You gotta love clearance shoes. I always enjoy finding shoes for $10 or less. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny! I had the same problem with the Sugarlips dress I got too. But you styled it amazingly! Love the black skirt under it.

    Nikki
    Fashionsonthefly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great way to make a dress longer!! I'll have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! So fun!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your outfit,thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh I love everything about this outfit. Especially the two colours together.

    http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love what you did with the outfit. I have some dresses that are just a bit short and I thought of leggings but the black skirt doesnt look half bad. Might have to try that with some of mine dresses to see if I can make it work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. GUAUUU love the color!! Hello! i have just discovered your blog and i like it!! Would u like to folow each other?? kisses


    http://beluloveblog.blogspot.com.es/2012/09/aire-fresco.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooohhh! Love the extra layer for modesty, interest, and that little something unexpected. Great look, Jenny!!! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great, though I must say those shoes' heels scare me quite a bit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That skirt works perfectly! I totally thought it was part of the dress! Way to make that dress work for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great in that shade of yellow, so striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow, lovely top - I can see me wearing this as a dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is a great fall color. I love the idea of putting that under your dress. I thought it was a color blocking dress.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know what happened, but I had a little problem while linking up so my photo is not showing. Anyway, you are looking lovely and I love the mustard dress. :) I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. So, so cute! Love that yellow on you!

    ReplyDelete