9/28/12

Meet Carol from Chariot Designs

Today I want to introduce you all to one of my September sponsors, Carol from Chariot Designs.  I wanted us to learn a little more about her, so I had her answer a few questions for me:

1. How long have you been making jewelry? Why did you decide to open a shop?
I started making jewelry in November of 2011 as a way to relax and I wore them and people started commenting that I should sell them. So in February 2012 I opened up a shop but have only sold one necklace so far.

2. What is your favorite part of having a jewelry business? What is the biggest challenge?
My favorite part of the business is creating different pieces of jewelry. I get a good feeling looking at a finished piece of jewelry. My biggest challenge is advertising. I don't currently have a job so my funds are limited to how much I can spend.

Orange Shell Necklace | Purple Square Necklace


3. Where do you get your inspiration? 
I get my inspiration from going to the craft store and looking at all the beads. I can then picture myself making a necklace with certain beads and I buy those.

4. What can you be found doing when you aren't making jewelry? 
I really consider jewelry making to be a hobby. I am currently working as an extern at a medical billing office, but I am going to be hired when my externship is up in the next couple of weeks. 

Purple Key Necklace | Red Bead Necklace

5. What are your goals for the next year? 
My goals for the next year are to continue working at the medical billing office and make jewelry in my spare time. 


I hope you will take a moment to go check out Carol's shop and see more of her jewelry creations.  You can also find Chariot Designs on Facebook.  Go say hello and wish her luck on her new medical billing career!

Also, I wanted everyone to know that I'm sharing my favorite time-saving beauty tip over at Blissful and Domestic today, so go check it out! 


No comments:

Post a Comment