9/3/12

Manicure Monday: Essie "Penny Talk"


First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU to all the lovely (and stylish) ladies who linked up to my first Sunday Style Linky Party!  I have loved seeing all of your cute outfits.  If you haven't already linked up, you have until Wednesday...or you can just come back and join the fun next Sunday!

Now, on to Manicure Monday.  Today I am wearing a pretty, metallic copper shade by Essie named "Penny Talk".  This was a sample from their new Mirror Metallics collection that I received recently from Klout.  What I loved about it was that it's a very unique color and I don't own anything like it!  It was really opaque and I honestly could have gotten away with only one coat, which is always nice.  However, it dried SO fast.  Usually in the nail polish world this is a good thing, but if I didn't get it right the first time there was no time to fix it up!  And it doesn't help that the metallic finish shows every little imperfection. 

It's so hard to capture the true color of this polish!  It is copper, but it has a rose-gold look to it, with a hint of pink.  Despite the application, it is REALLY pretty and these pictures don't even do it justice.  

So...what's on your nails this week?
Photobucket

25 comments:

  1. I am loving Essie's metalics lately. I guess it's a fall thing? Either way, these nails are so cute! Great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is a Fall thing...I don't really know, I wear any color in any season, haha. I need to try out the other Essie metallics :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE metallics! My toenails are painted metallic silver right now, and they're sooo distracting...I'll just sit there and stare at how they reflect the light:) Your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's how I am with my glitter polish! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. i love this color!! i got it as a freebie from klout and i'm sooooo happy with it!!! :) happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta love the klout freebies, haha. Thanks, hope you had a great Labor Day weekend :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun color! I love rose gold. This week on my nails. . . a pedicure is on my list : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that color! Pretty but also on the more subtle side...good for the office. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous colour!

    http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i usually dont like copper colors, but all of these are winners! super cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love love all these colors!! they look great with your skin color congrats you are almost at 1000 followers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so close!!! I just can't wait for the awesome giveaway that's going to happen once I hit that milestone :)

      Delete
  9. Love this perfect nail polish!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow a lovely nail polish, love the colour :)

    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, this colour is such lovely!! i want this :) would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  12. This color is gorgeous! I am not usually into super metallic tones, but I really like this one. On my nails is very chipped mint polish- camping is not good for the nails haha!
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Essie is great--what a unique color! On my nails is a two-week old design that is very very chipped. I should probably change that... ;)

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word, I LOVE this color! Right now my nails are naked, I should really work on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the color! i think my skin is too fair to pull it off though :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this color! I'm going to buy it today. Thanks for sharing! :)

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this color. Getting a pedicure tonight...think I might have to see if they have a color like this.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh! This color is amazing! I love that it is neutral but still has pizzazz. Wow - I just said pizzazz. :-)~

    ReplyDelete