1/29/15

Giant Homemade Hershey's Kisses


Today I'm excited to share a super easy Valentine's Day treat with all of you!  A while back I saw a giant Hershey's Kiss for sale, but it was around twenty bucks and I just can't justify spending that much on a piece of chocolate.  So, I was able to come up with a cheaper (and more fun) option...a chocolate covered marshmallow treat!


Here's what to do:
  1. Cut the top off of an empty two-liter bottle of soda. Coat the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Melt 1/4 cup margarine in a pan over low heat. Add 4 cups of mini marshmallows and stir until melted. Cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
  3. Add 5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
  4. Using a spatula, press mixture evenly and firmly into the top piece of the soda bottle.
  5. Remove the kiss-shaped marshmallow treat and place onto a piece of tin foil.
  6. Melt Hershey's chocolate chips and spoon onto the marshmallow treat.
  7. Allow chocolate to harden by placing in fridge for 30 minutes.
  8. Once hardened, wrap the kiss in tin foil.  Add a message if desired.
That's it...super easy and so cute.  These would make a perfect little Valentine gift for your kids, friends, significant other...or anyone really!

Sharing over at: Chic on a Shoestring, Just Us Four, The Best Blog Recipes, Rattlebridge Farm, The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home, Tidy Mom, The Pin Junkie

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is SO CUTE! Seriously going to do this for my Galentine's party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh yummy and this looks idiot proof for someone like me

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that looks awesome!! I love rice krispy treats!
    www.PetiteCareerGirl.com

    ReplyDelete